History

At CES University we are autonomous, non-denominational private, non-profit, in search of the formation of professionals in pre and postgraduate in all areas of knowledge, with the highest human, ethical and scientific qualities.

Founded on July 5, 1977, excellence has been the permanent challenge of the educational project, seeking to innovate in the training of human resources, advancing in the internationalization of the institution and developing the virtual component of its educational proposal with the purpose that professional practice of our graduates be recognized not only at the national level but also internationally.

From the foundation and up to the present, we have enjoyed the recognition of both academics and society in general, an aspect that has been reflected in the accreditation of Medicine and Dentistry programs by the Ministry of National Education, making us in the first Institution of Higher Education that accredited its programs in Colombia.

As part of our academic year, we have developed a wide variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in accordance with the expectations of the graduates and the need for specialized resources in the field.

In 2007, we received from the Ministry of National Education of Colombia, resolution 1371 of March 22, which endorses us as a university. The change of academic character from university institution to university responds to a yearning and decision of the entire academic community, embodied in the development plan 2000-2010.

Achieve this recognition implied an advance in all areas of the institution, according to the guidelines of the Founders Room, the Superior Council and the course outlined by the Development Plan, always having as its north the three substantive functions: teaching, research, and extension.