We define an organic structure that guarantees an optimal functioning of the institution and thus fulfills its objectives. This structure seeks to define the relationships of the different actors, assigning functions of direction, coordination and operation.
The structure defines through an organization chart the lines of government and determines the different functional units of the institution. This allows efficient processes to be established and gives clarity to each of the institution's members about their responsibilities to achieve common goals.
Organizational Structure of the CES University
The CES University defines an organic structure that guarantees an optimal functioning of the institution and thus fulfills its objectives. This structure seeks to define the relationships of the different actors, assigning functions of direction, coordination and operation.
The structure defines through an organization chart the lines of government and determines the different functional units of the institution. This enables efficient processes to be established and clarifies each of the institution's members about their responsibilities to achieve common goals.
Es el máximo organismo normativo de la universidad.
Es el máximo organismo de dirección de la universidad.
Es la máxima autoridad académica y administrativa, encargado de dirigir la marcha de la institución con base en los lineamientos definidos por el Consejo Superior.
Es el órgano de control, establecido por la ley que cumple con las funciones de revisión e inspección de los hechos económicos de la universidad.
Dependencia encargada de medir y evaluar la eficiencia, eficacia y economía de los demás controles, asesorando a la institución en la continuidad del proceso administrativo, la reevaluación de los planes establecidos y en la introducción de los correctivos necesarios para el cumplimiento de las metas u objetivos previstos.
Se encuentran definidos 11 comités asesores que están precedidos por el Rector, con los cuales se busca garantizar la adecuada toma de decisiones del nivel directivo de la institución.
- Academic Council: it is the collegiate body in charge of the proper functioning of the university in its academic aspects.
- Administrative Committee: it is the collegiate body in charge of the proper functioning of the university in its administrative aspects.
- Purchasing Committee: committee with which the process of purchasing goods and services of the CES University was regulated and in which it is sought to make the most appropriate decisions as well as carry out the respective follow-up.
- Infrastructure Committee: seeks to guarantee the success of infrastructure projects and that there are collegiate decisions, based on the interests of the University Community.
- Institutional Committee for Intellectual and Editorial Property: it will ensure that the knowledge that is produced in all scientific, artistic, technological, technical and academic activities enjoys the protection and recognition that intellectual property grants to all the subjects involved in them. In addition, he must study and approve the edition of books at CES University and define and modify the publishing policies of the works.
- International Relations Committee: it is a means of supporting the work of the International Relations Office of the University, taking into account that the objective of this Office must be to support the teaching, research and extension of the institution in a transversal way. , which is why, it is necessary to have the different opinions and contributions of those who lead each of these axes (Research Director, Head of Extension, Academic Director), as well as who leads the administrative part (Rector) of the University and those with more experience in the field of internationalization (former Heads of International Relations).
- Institutional Committee for the Care and Use of Animals (CICUA): it is an academic, independent body, outside the political, organizational or commercial influence of third parties, which is in charge of safeguarding and ensuring the care and respect of animals used as active subjects in the research, teaching and extension process.
- Institutional Ethics Committee for Research in Humans (CIEI): it is an academic, independent body, outside the political, organizational or commercial influence of third parties, which is responsible for safeguarding and ensuring respect, freedom, autonomy, dignity and privacy and other rights of people, animals and living beings, as well as the environment and institutions, actively or passively participating in research activities.
- Research, Extension and Innovation Committee: its purpose is to guide the policies of the knowledge management system and its scope in the fields of research, extension, entrepreneurship and innovation, within the regulatory framework that governs the development of the university substantive functions.
- Institutional Committee for the Ethical Use of Biodiversity (CIEB): in charge of ensuring compliance with the rules that regulate and regulate the collection of specimens of wild species of biological diversity for non-commercial scientific research purposes, and will ensure the adequate management of biological collections and permits granted by the national environmental authority to the university or to members of its academic and scientific community.
- Institutional Editorial Committee: in charge of promoting and disseminating the production of academic, scientific and artistic works produced by members of the university community.
- Inclusion Committee: in charge of promoting the inclusive institutional offer with a differential approach, managing to develop the capacity of the CES University to attend to diversity, which allows equitable access to the institutional offer and to have continuous monitoring of these activities.
- Institutional and Quality Committee in the IPS CES Sabaneta: Committee with the character of technical-scientific, regulatory and control adviser, whose main purposes are to continuously apply the existing policies and standards regarding the mandatory quality assurance system and evaluate user satisfaction in providing quality health services.
- Institutional and Quality Committee in the IPS CES Warehouse: Committee with the character of technical-scientific, regulatory and control adviser, whose main purposes are to continuously apply the existing policies and standards regarding the mandatory quality assurance system and evaluate user satisfaction in providing quality health services.
- Institutional and Quality Committee in the Veterinary Center: Committee with the character of technical-scientific, regulatory and control adviser, whose main purposes are to continuously apply existing policies and standards and evaluate user satisfaction to provide quality services, promoting continuous improvement.
- Quality Operational Committee: Committee with the character of technical-scientific, regulatory and control advisor, whose main purposes are to continuously apply existing policies and standards regarding the quality management system and evaluate the implementation of the established processes from CES University, seeking continuous improvement and institutional growth.
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee of the Sabaneta and Warehouse Headquarters: in charge of providing advice in the scope of its functions, in accordance with the provisions of Resolution No. 1403 of 2007, which determines the Pharmaceutical Service Management Model.
- Senior Management Committee of the In Vitro Toxicity Unit - UTI: in charge of ensuring that appropriate operation, relationship, surveillance, quality and communication processes are established for the operation of the laboratory and its relationship with the scientific and academic environment, to guarantee the management system efficiency.
- Labor Coexistence Committee: contributes with alternative mechanisms to those established in the other regulations of the CES University to the prevention and solution of situations caused by conduct of workplace harassment to workers within the University.
Dependencia encargada de servir de medio de comunicación entre los órganos de gobierno y la comunidad institucional. Adicionalmente tiene la responsabilidad de refrendar con su firma documentos y decisiones de la Sala de Fundadores y los Consejos Superior y Académico, cuando sea el caso. La secretaría general es el asesor jurídico de la institución en materia legal y Planea, organiza y controla las relaciones laborales de la universidad.
Unidad de apoyo que busca optimizar la gestión de los procesos académicos y administrativos. Tiene como propósito fundamental articular las actividades sustantivas de la universidad con sus principios filosóficos, con las políticas y tendencias nacionales en educación y con la normatividad definida internamente para cada una de ellas.
Administrative and Financial Directorate:
Unidad de apoyo encargada de dar soporte, asesoría, control y seguimiento a las diferentes dependencias de la Universidad con el fin de que alcancen los objetivos planteados y sus proyectos se ejecuten con éxito.
Research and Innovation Directorate:
Una unidad de apoyo institucional, a través de la cual se articulan las funciones universitarias de investigación e innovación.
Autonomous Research and Development Centers:
Centros dedicados a desarrollar proyectos de investigación, dotados de administración y de recursos financieros, humanos e infraestructura, destinada a desarrollo de este objeto. Actualmente los centros autónomos de investigación y desarrollo con los cuales cuenta la institución son: Instituto Colombiano de Medicina Tropical, CECIF y Solla.
Centros especializados que sirven de apoyo a las labores de docencia, investigación y extensión realizadas por la Universidad.
- Veterinary and Zootechnical Center: space for the development of comprehensive teaching and assistance activities for the programs of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics, as well as the provision of specialized services in small and large species.
- IPS CES Sabaneta: specialized center that offers care in dentistry, medicine (dermatology), physiotherapy, psychology and legal advice, also serving as a field of practice for all the aforementioned areas.
Other areas of support:
- Global Affairs
- Organizational Communication
- Human Development and Well-being
- Technology of the information and communication
Unidad que genera un marco institucional académico y administrativo alrededor de los programas de doctorado con que cuenta actualmente la universidad y para los futuros programas de este nivel de formación y del nivel posdoctoral.
Son las unidades académicas que generan las acciones en docencia, investigación y extensión.
In turn, the faculties have internally important committees that function on a regular basis and which are established by the Superior Council, such as:
- Faculty Council
- Admissions Committee
- Promotions Committee (CP)