Student Protocol - Virtual Mode
This protocol aims to provide the student with the necessary information on the methodological principles of virtual courses. Likewise, it shows the different guidelines that students must follow to fully comply and develop their course.
Next, some technical, pedagogical and didactic procedures are described that will help to improve the performance of the students in the virtual courses.
The students will be able to know the offer of the virtual courses through the Extranet. There they will be able to see the levels and the offered schedules of the virtual courses. It should be clarified that virtual courses are not worked on a specific schedule, since this type of modality allows the student to have greater flexibility of schedules to develop the activities proposed in the course. However, the student must fulfill the different tasks assigned by the teacher on the dates that have been established for the course. For the registration of virtual courses, students carry out the same enrollment process as their other undergraduate subjects.
The students of the virtual courses must make the payment of tuition within the dates stipulated in the academic calendar, since the activation of the different platforms that work in the virtual modality depends on this payment.
If you are a regular course student, the maximum term for payment of your tuition is five days after starting the level. If you are a student of an intensive course, the maximum term to pay your tuition is two days after starting the level. If you are a scholarship student, you must contact Apoyo Financiero so that they can carry out the necessary procedures and your enrollment is legalized. If after this time the student does not make his payment or does not carry out the process with Financial Support, he will not be able to take his virtual class and will have to wait until the next cycle offered.
In case you have any difficulty paying your tuition, you should contact the Language Center where they will provide you with information about the process you must follow. The contact information for the Language Center is: email@example.com Telephone: (57) (4) 444 05 55 Ext: 1605.
It is important to clarify that the virtual courses are carried out through two platforms: Virtual CES and MyELT for each of them you will have to carry out a different registration process.
The procedure is explained below:
Once you appear in the class list, the Academic Coordination will send you a welcome email to your virtual course which indicates the step by step for your registration in the platform of CES Virtual. Please note that this information is sent to the mail that you have registered with the Admissions and Registration office, or on the Extranet.
When you enter the CES Virtual platform you will have access to your teacher's information, you will know the learning purposes, the units that will be developed, the evaluation activities of the course and the different forums.
Next, the forums will be presented in a short way:
- News: This space will allow the teacher to communicate to his students the events and activities that they must carry out every day or every week. In this forum the teacher must post the schedule of activities, the dates of the synchronous meetings, as well as important notices for their students.
- Doubt Solving Forum : In this forum the students will be able to ask questions regarding the topics, the dates, the synchronic meetings and the activities proposed in the level. The teacher must respond to the students' concerns within a maximum period of 24 hours.
- Instructional Forum : It is active in the activities of each topic. The purpose of this forum is to allow students to have more interaction. The topics of this forum must be proposed by the teacher and must generate discussion and the exchange of ideas and information. This space can be as wide and flexible as the activity that is promoted there. Participation in this forum is evaluated and rated by the course teacher.
On the other hand, for the delivery of licenses by MyELT, the teacher of your course will share the registration guide with you and will give you the license that allows you to have access to the contents of the level. Likewise, if you have any difficulties in the process, you can contact your teacher or the tutors:
Natasha Gomez: firstname.lastname@example.org
Juliana Quintero: email@example.com
By entering the MyELT platform, you will be able to have access to the digital book, the activities that correspond to the course content, videos, readings, explanations that develop and support the learning process.
To have a better understanding of the platforms, the following tutorials are available:
Synchronous encounters are communication spaces that take place in real time. During these meetings the teacher will provide different pedagogical strategies to guide the course activities, as well as the evaluations. This space also allows the clarification of doubts, concerns, expand topics and projects, among others. Access to the synchronous sessions is made through a link that is sent by the course teacher to his or her email or that will be published in the “NEWS” forum of the virtual CES platform.
For the courses in intensive modality, a synchronous meeting is proposed every week, while for the regular ones, they will be scheduled every two weeks. Remember that synchronous meetings are not mandatory as long as no evaluative activity is carried out within them and you will be able to access the recordings for only two weeks.
Evaluation is understood as the continuous monitoring process that aims at student learning. In the virtual modality, the global process of the development of activities in which students are responsible for their own learning will be assessed. All the activities that are carried out will have the guidance of a teacher who will be in charge of giving the pertinent comments regarding the fulfillment of the activity. Next, the evaluation for the different levels is proposed.
|18%||Speaking Production||CES Virtual (Virtual Meeting)|
|8%||Intercultural Competence||Nat Geo|
|20%||Final Exam||CES Virtual|
Finally, remember that your participation in the forum “Instructional Forum” It will also be evaluated and scored by the teacher.
The student who decides to study in virtual mode must take into account the following implements that are necessary for the proper development of their course:
- Computer with internet access
In addition to these resources, the student must also take into account some technological and technical skills that facilitate the management of platforms and other digital resources.
A student in virtual mode is committed to developing their course independently and following the guidelines of their teacher, responding effectively to the activities and tasks of the course. The student is responsible for their learning process and is the one who must be attentive to the activities and the dates on which they must deliver their assignments.
If you decide to enroll in a virtual course, you must take into account that if your course is in intensive mode you must enter the platform throughout the week, but if your course is regular you must enter the platforms two to three days a week . Students should read and know the protocol and guides of the platforms before starting their courses.
Students at the Language Center have access to the following resources that allow them to deepen the content studied in class, as well as explore cultural issues that allow them to build a different perspective of the world:
- Tutorials: Tutoring is understood as a process of accompaniment during the training of students, which is carried out through personalized attention and that helps the student to deepen their knowledge and develop new learning strategies. If you want to schedule a tutorial to delve into the topics of your course, you can write to the teacher Ossman Gómez at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the telephone number: 444 05 55 Ext: 1610.
- Conversation club: This space is offered free of charge to the entire university community and the external public. There, different ideas and points of view regarding a specific topic are debated, discussed and shared. If you wish to have information about the hours and classrooms of this event, you can ask your teacher or contact the Language Center at the email: email@example.com or at the telephone number: 444 05 55 Ext: 1605.
- Cultural Activities: The Language Center seeks to provide its students not only with an instructional use of the language but also an approach to different cultures. For this, the Language Center promotes various cultural events that are held each year which have the participation of teachers and students of different languages. In addition, there is the radio program “Compartiendo Culturas” that tries to generate greater awareness about the cultural value that each person has.
- Academic Committee Language Center: The Language Center has an Academic Committee whose main function is to preserve the proper functioning of academic activities. If you have an academic issue or situation that requires a solution, remember to follow the regular channel before sending it to the Committee. First talk to the teacher of your course and if you do not have a solution send your case to the Committee, which meets every Thursday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Your request must be sent one week in advance to email : firstname.lastname@example.org and your response will be sent through the same means.
The CES University Language Center is located on the fifth floor of Building B and offers its service regularly from Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you require any additional information, you can contact the email electronic: email@example.com or to the telephone number: 444 05 55 Ext: 1605. You can also visit our web portal.