Student Protocol Face-to-face mode assisted by technology
This protocol aims to provide the student with the necessary information on the methodological principles of face-to-face courses assisted by technology. Likewise, it shows the different guidelines that students must follow to fully comply with and develop their course.
Some technical, pedagogical and didactic procedures are described below that will help improve student performance in face-to-face technology-assisted courses.
Students will be able to learn about the offer of face-to-face courses assisted by technology through the Extranet. There they will be able to see the levels and the offered schedules of the virtual courses. It should be clarified that the face-to-face courses assisted by technology are worked on a specific schedule, which must be met by students and teachers. In addition, the student must comply with the different tasks assigned on the dates that have been established. For the registration of face-to-face courses assisted by technology, students carry out the same enrollment process as their other undergraduate subjects.
The students of the face-to-face courses assisted by technology must make the payment of tuition within the dates stipulated in the calendar, since the activation of the different platforms that work in the face-to-face mode assisted by technology depends on this payment.
If you are a regular course student, the maximum term for paying your tuition is five days after starting the level. If you are a student of an intensive course, the maximum term to pay your tuition is two days after starting the level. If you are a scholarship student, you must contact Apoyo Financiero so that they can carry out the necessary procedures and your enrollment is legalized. If after this time the student does not make his payment or does not carry out the process with Financial Support, he will not be able to take his class and will have to wait until the next cycle offered.
In case you have any difficulty paying your tuition, you should contact the Language Center where they will provide you with information about the process you must follow. The contact information for the Language Center is: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to clarify that the face-to-face courses assisted by technology are carried out through the use of two platforms: Zoom and MyELT, for each of them you must carry out a different registration process.
The procedure is explained below:
Once you have paid and appear on the class list, the teacher in charge will send you to email that you have registered in Admissions and registration the link to access your class. For security reasons this link should not be shared with other people outside the class.
Likewise, the teacher of your course will share the registration guide in MyELT and it will give you the license that allows you to have access to the contents of the level. If you have any difficulties in the process, you can contact your teacher or the tutors:
Natasha Gomez: email@example.com
Juliana Quintero: firstname.lastname@example.org
By entering the MyELT platform, you will be able to have access to the digital book, the activities that correspond to the course content, videos, readings, explanations that develop and support the learning process.
It is a virtual space in which different conferences take place. In this case, this platform is used to carry out the classes since it has the didactic tools that allow the teacher and the student to have a greater interaction.
To have a better understanding of the platforms, the following tutorials are available:
The face-to-face meetings through ZOOM are communication spaces that take place in real time. During these meetings the teacher will provide different pedagogical strategies to guide the course activities, as well as the evaluations. This space also allows the clarification of doubts, concerns, expand topics and projects, among others. Access to face-to-face sessions through ZOOM is done through a link that is sent by the course teacher to his or her email. For the courses in intensive modality, a face-to-face meeting is proposed through ZOOM for two hours every day of the week, from Monday to Friday. For the regular courses, there will be two face-to-face meetings through ZOOM of two hours, two days a week. If the course is scheduled for a single day, keep in mind that the face-to-face meeting through ZOOM will be for four hours and only that day.
Remember that face-to-face meetings are compulsory and evaluative activities can be carried out in them. If you have any difficulty attending any of these meetings, please contact your teacher in advance.
Evaluation is understood as the continuous monitoring process that aims at student learning. In the technology-assisted mode, the global process of the development of activities in which students are responsible for their own learning will be assessed. All the activities that are carried out will have the guidance of a teacher who will be in charge of giving the pertinent comments regarding the fulfillment of the activity. Next, the evaluation for the different levels is proposed.
The student who decides to take this modality must take into account the following implements that are necessary for the proper development of their course:
- Computer with internet access
In addition to these resources, the student must also take into account some technological and technical skills that facilitate the management of platforms and other digital resources.
A student in this modality is committed to the development of his course following the guidelines of his teacher, responding effectively to the activities and tasks of the course. The student is responsible for their learning process and is the one who must be attentive to the activities and the dates on which they must deliver their assignments.
Students should read and know the protocol and guides of the platforms before starting their courses.
Students at the Language Center have access to the following resources that allow them to deepen the content studied in class, as well as explore cultural issues that allow them to build a different perspective of the world:
- Tutorials: Tutoring is understood as an accompaniment process during the training of students, which is carried out through personalized attention and which helps the student to deepen their knowledge and develop new learning strategies. If you wish to schedule a tutorial to delve into the topics of your course, you can write to the teacher Ossman Gómez at the email: email@example.com
- Conversation club: This space is offered free of charge to the entire university community and the external public. There, different ideas and points of view regarding a specific topic are debated, discussed and shared. If you wish to have information on the hours and classrooms of this event, you can ask your teacher or contact the Language Center at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cultural Activities: The Language Center seeks to provide its students not only with an instructional use of the language but also an approach to different cultures. For this, the Language Center promotes various cultural events that are held each year which have the participation of teachers and students of different languages. In addition, there is the radio program “Compartiendo Culturas” that tries to generate greater awareness about the cultural value that each person has.
- Academic Committee Language Center: The Language Center has an Academic Committee whose main function is to preserve the proper functioning of academic activities. If you have an academic issue or situation that requires a solution, remember to follow the regular channel before sending it to the Committee. First talk to the teacher of your course and if you do not have a solution send your case to the Committee, which meets every Thursday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Your request must be sent one week in advance to email : email@example.com and your response will be sent through the same means.
The CES University Language Center is located on the fifth floor of Building B and offers its service regularly from Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you require any additional information, you can contact the email electronic: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the telephone number: 444 05 55 Ext: 1605. You can also visit our web portal.
Note: All services and customer service are being offered virtually until the end of June 2020.