Facilities and equipment
Sede CES Sabaneta
• Research laboratory: We have the infrastructure and equipment necessary to carry out basic and applied science projects, using tools for the study of infectious agents (parasites, bacteria, fungi and viruses) that cause tropical diseases in humans. For this, we have spaces and tools for the isolation and cultivation of different types of microorganisms and eukaryotic cells, molecular biology tools for obtaining and analyzing DNA, RNA and proteins, serological tools for the identification of antigens or antibodies and microscopy tools. light, dark field and fluorescence for direct observation of pathogens.
• IPS ICMT Sabaneta. In the IPS we have a sampling area, a medical office and a vaccination office authorized by the Antioquia Sectional Health Secretariat for general and specialized medical consultation, vaccination, diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases, for which we offer a portfolio of tests molecular and serological, which have made us a reference laboratory in tropical diseases to which samples of patients from all over the national territory are sent.
• Laboratory of Medical Entomology. It is a space equipped with equipment and materials for the identification and characterization of vectors of tropical diseases. There is the biological collection of Medical Entomology, in which specimens of vectors collected in research projects carried out by the ICMT in different regions of the country are deposited. Similarly, there is a complete collection of ticks of zoonotic and veterinary interest, which are reference material for researchers at the ICMT and other institutions.
•Industrial Microbiology Laboratory.We have capabilities for the isolation, cultivation, identification, quantification and characterization of microorganisms in work environments, surfaces, operators, quality control of raw materials and finished products in the cosmetic and food industries.
• Production centers. This area is responsible for producing supplies and reagents for in vitro and biological diagnostics for internal consumption and / or their commercialization throughout the country. This area is made up of the in vitro reagent production plants and the biological one.
• In vitro reagent production plant. In this plant we have the authorization of INVIMA for the production and commercialization of 45 references of culture media and colorants for microbiological diagnosis with INVIMA sanitary registration. In the same way, kits for molecular diagnosis are produced and recently it was possible to obtain the sanitary registration for the Immunotropic diagnosis kit, a tool based on immunoblots that serves for the detection of five infectious agents (Salmonella sp, Brucela sp, Leptospira sp and parasites tissue).
• Plant for the production of biologicals. It is the first plant for the production of Biologicals certified by INVIMA in Colombia. The ICMT works on the optimization of the processes for obtaining the sanitary registration of a tuberculin with Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains prevalent in the country, in the same way the infrastructure is being expanded to enable a space for the production of snake antivenoms.
We are located inside the Antonio Roldán Betancur Hospital in the municipality of Apartado. We have an independent building conducive to academia, science and the provision of services. In addition, we have three auditoriums for groups of 20 people, a computer room equipped with computers with internet access, which are used for the development of specialization programs and academic extension programs of CES University and ICMT extension programs offered to the Mayor of Apartado and other surrounding municipalities.
At the headquarters of Apartado we have a Laboratory for clinical research and diagnosis, with an emphasis on infectious diseases, two medical offices, a dental office, and a vaccination office. In addition, we have a study room, an office for the coordination of the headquarters and an office for administrative work.
The Sectional Secretariat of Health of Antioquia has enabled us to provide clinical laboratory services, dentistry, pediatrics, nutrition, vaccination and tropical diseases. Patients and samples are sent to our facilities for medical evaluation and laboratory analysis, coming from all the municipalities of the Urabá subregion and some of the neighboring Departments (Chocó and Córdoba).
The ICMT headquarters in Envigado is located in Loma del Escobero, within the facilities of the Veterinary and Zootechnical Center of the CES University. The veterinary laboratory operates there, which supports basic and applied research of the Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics program of the CES and provides its clinical diagnosis services to the CVZ and veterinary clinics of the Aburrá Valley, in addition the veterinary laboratory opened a headquarters in the Municipality of Puerto Berrío in an agreement between Coregan, the CES University and the ICMT.
Services provided by the center
• Basic and applied research in tropical, infectious and zoonotic diseases.
• Education and training in diagnosis and treatment of tropical, infectious and zoonotic diseases.
• Design, development, production and commercialization of diagnostic reagents in vitro and biological products.
• Diagnosis of tropical and infectious diseases.
• Veterinary clinical diagnosis.
• Industrial Microbiology Analysis.
• Consulting in public health and epidemiological surveillance.
Sabaneta Headquarters (Antioquia)
Carrera 43 A# 52 Sur 99
Teléfono: (57) (4) 3053500 Ext. 2280
Horarios: Lunes a Viernes 7:30 a.m. a 4:30 p.m.
Envigado Headquarters (Antioquia)
Calle 36 D sur, Km 4 de la Loma del Escobero, Envigado, Antioquia
Teléfono: (57) (4) 3360260 Ext. 126 – 118
Horarios: Lunes a sábado 8:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m. Domingos 9:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m.
Headquarters Apartado (Antioquia)
Carrera 98 Nro. 106-176, Barrio Chinita
Teléfono: (57) (4) 8281708 – 8285606
Rutas de buses para llegar: Ruta A, Ruta 1A y Ruta 1B
Horarios: Lunes a Viernes 7:00 a.m. a 12:00 p.m. y de 1:30 p.m. a 5:00 p.m. Sábados 8:00 a.m. a 12:30 p.m.
Contact information: Mauricio Restrepo O.
Teléfono: (57) (4) 3053500 Ext. 2296