Event price: $ 450,000 COP
Online payment: At the time of your registration you will be able to pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 11-05-2020
End date: 05-15-2020
Duration: 20.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Monday, May 11 to Friday, May 15, 2020 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Place: CES University, Poblado Calle 10A N ° 22 04 headquarters
Event Code: 70074019
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Faculty: Nutrition and Food Sciences
Lucia Mercedes Velez Escobar
(57) (4) 444 05 55 extension 1748.
Carolina Carvajal Rodriguez
(57) (4) 444 05 55 extension 1269.
you have doubts? Write to us
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Course
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Course
The modality of the event is Face-to-face
Food allergy is a health problem that affects children and adults, with an increasing prevalence. The concept of food allergy can be explained as an abnormal response of the body to a protein considered "foreign". In our environment, and during pediatric age, the foods most frequently implicated are egg proteins, cow's milk, soy, wheat, shellfish and nuts. The diagnosis of allergy to a food means the elimination of this from the diet, which seems simple but in practice the family of the patient with allergy faces several challenges: the revision of the labeling of commercial products, the fear of eating food made by third parties, learning new culinary alternatives; all this in order to avoid an unfavorable reaction. Proper guidance goes hand in hand with continuous vigilance to avoid exposure to present and hidden food allergens; but also that the nutritional status of the patient is not affected. In our environment the prevalence of food allergy has increased and requires guidance from professionals who are knowledgeable on the subject but who provide safe alternatives in their diet; hence the need for this extension course: to train health personnel in the management of food allergy.
Health professionals: doctors (general, pediatricians, gastroenterology, allergists), nutritionists, speech therapists, nurses, medical or nutrition students.
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Know the skills that you will acquire when taking the Course at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Phone: (57) (4) 4043119
Mobile: 3012549844 - 3174302641
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
- 1.Epidemiology, prevention and manifestations of food allergy.
- 2. Differential diagnosis, tests, natural history and medical treatment for food allergy.
- 3. Allergy to cow's milk protein.
-Children's formulas for the management of food allergy to cow's milk protein:
-Tasting workshop: How to improve organoleptic quality ?.
- 4.Allergy to eggs and peanuts.
- 5. Nutrition labeling and food allergens.
- 6. Food aversion and management strategies in children with food allergies.
- 7.Restriction of gluten due to sensitivity or celiac disease.
- 8.Esofagitis eosinofílica
- 9. Wheat, egg and cow's milk substitutes.
Update knowledge and practices in food allergy management.
1. Acquire theoretical elements on the prevalence, type of food allergy, medical and nutritional management.
2. Acquire practical elements to improve the organoleptic characteristics of infant formulas.
3. Make preparations with substitutes for the different food allergens.
4. Carry out a tasting workshop with the different culinary options (vegan formulas and products).
5.Update knowledge on celiac disease.
6. Give guidelines to properly interpret food allergens on nutrition labeling.