Event price: $ 75,000 COP
Online payment: At the time of your registration you will be able to pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 03-08-2019
End date: 03-08-2019
Duration: 8.00 hours.
Event City: Apartado
Hours: Saturday, August 3 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Necoclí - A.
Event Code: 70063608
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Course
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Course
The modality of the event is Face-to-face
Clinical laboratory tests and cervical-uterine cytology are a fundamental process at different times of health care, their usefulness is essential to establish a diagnosis, to monitor a pathology and / or prognosis of a disease and to evaluate the effectiveness of a treatment. It is not just a sample analysis but a complex process in which different professionals participate who must comply with the pre-analytical stage of the same, where the nursing staff actively participates and plays a decisive role, since it is the responsible for taking many samples; therefore, the quality of the samples taken and the results expected from them depends on their intervention, which ultimately affects the health of the patient. For the final result of an analytical test to be correct, it is necessary that the entire process be carried out perfectly, the quality of the test depends on the chain compliance of a good practice, which begins from the moment of the generation of the laboratory order, the preparation of the patient to obtain the sample and ends when the result is generated by the laboratory and is interpreted by the corresponding professionals. It is necessary to reduce preanalytical failures that may lead to adverse events associated with errors made in any of the stages of the laboratory sampling process.
Theoretical practical sessions in person
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Learn about the skills that you will acquire by taking the Course at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Telephone: (57) (4) 604 91 25
Mobile: 301 254 98 44
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
Topics to be discussed during the activity
- MODULE I: TAKING LABORATORY SAMPLES
- • Biosafety in taking clinical laboratory samples
- • Documentation required in taking laboratory samples according to resolution 2003 of 2014
- • Updates in taking blood samples through venipuncture
- • Frequent mistakes in blood collection
- • Taking of special laboratory samples: blood cultures, urine (occasional, 24 hours), arterial gases, cultures, coagulation samples, secretions.
- • Factors of the pre-analytical stage that affect the result of a laboratory examination
- • Packaging, labeling and sending of samples to the clinical laboratory
- • Interpretation of clinical laboratory tests (for nurses)
- MODULE II: TAKING OF CERVICAL UTERINE CYTOLOGY FOR NURSING PERSONNEL
- • Atomy of the lower genital tract
- • Gross and normal cervix
- • Transformation zone area
- • Transformation zone area
- • Bethesda system. Clinical data. Sample quality
- • Fixation
- • Quality standards of the sampling process
- • protocol for taking cytologies Reception, identification and registration
This course is intended to provide theoretical and practical tools to nursing personnel related to the process of taking laboratory samples and taking cervical uterine cytologies, which allows to reduce the occurrence of adverse events related to this process, in compliance with current regulations.