Event price: $ 700,000 COP
Pay on line: At the time of your registration you can pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 07-04-2021
End date: 09-06-2021
Duration: 40.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Schedules: Wednesday, February 24 to Wednesday, April 28, 2021, the course will be developed with one topic per week, for 10 weeks.
Place: Virtual Platform.
Event Code: 70094669
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Course
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Course
The modality of the event is Virtual
In recent decades, the development of technologies for performing laboratory tests at the patient side (POCT, for its name in English: Point of Care Testing) has had a great boom, which have become a supremely useful tool for streamline medical decision-making under certain scenarios and clinical conditions of patients. Despite the wide range of POCT technologies available, their accelerated development has not allowed adequate preparation of health services and healthcare personnel, for their implementation under quality and relevance standards. This has led in some cases to its indiscriminate use without the participation of the clinical laboratory or in other cases to its non-use due to fear or ignorance, depriving clinicians and patients of its benefit.
The course is aimed at bacteriologists, microbiologists, clinical laboratory directors and coordinators, doctors and nurses, interested in the subject.
The modality is virtual.
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Know the skills that you will acquire when taking the Course at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Telephone: (57) (4) 604 91 25
Mobile: 301 254 98 44
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
Topics to be discussed during the activity
- 1 General.
- Definition of POCT.
- Advantages and limitations.
- Legislation and Regulations.
- 2 Types of technology and associated tests.
- Types of devices and types of tests.
- Tests according to the need of the IPS.
- 3 Evidence and cost benefit.
- Strength of recommendation and levels of evidence for POCT tests.
- Cost / Benefit and impact.
- 4 Organizational structure: roles and profiles.
- Roles and profiles.
- POCT Committee.
- 5 Coordinators of POCT.
- Profile and skills.
- 6 Technology and supplies.
- Validation / Verification.
- 7 Quality management system.
- Quality politics.
- Quality Manual.
- Standard operating procedures.
- Training and retraining of human talent.
- 8 Quality control.
- Internal quality control.
- External quality control.
- 9 Follow-up.
- Risk overview.
- 10 Implementation of a POCT program.
Train participants in general aspects of patient-side examinations (POCT) and the steps necessary for its implementation in hospital institutions.