Event price: $ 750,000 COP
Online payment: At the time of your registration you will be able to pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 01-08-2019
End date: 10-10-2019
Duration: 33.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Thursday from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Place: CES University - Calle 10 A # 22-04 El Poblado.
Event Code: 70061084
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Course
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Course
The modality of the event is Face-to-face
Scientific illustration is an important complement in many basic and applied science programs, in which courses such as morphology, taxonomy, and physiology of different groups of organisms, including man, are addressed. Acquiring illustration tools such as proportion, lighting and schematization, supports the professional work of different areas of knowledge; In particular, in research in basic and applied biological sciences, scientific illustration is transversal to studies in taxonomy (ie description of species), morphology, ecology (ie studies of natural history), physiology and anatomy (ie study of muscle systems - skeletal).
All natural persons with or without previous preparation in drawing, who have interests in exploring nature or the human body through illustration.
The methodology used is theoretical-practical, which includes the presentation of the subject and the shower of images by the teacher throughout the course and the practical part that includes a technical and creative process by the student with teacher supervision.
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Learn about the skills that you will acquire by taking the Course at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Telephone: (57) (4) 604 91 25
Mobile: 301 254 98 44
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
- Introduction to scientific illustration, History and basic concepts about the techniques used
- Application of the basics of light, shape and depth
- Selection of the object of study and application of the grid technique to illustrate it. Brainstorm ideas and images
- Study of light and depth of the specimen in pencil technique. Brainstorming ideas and images
- Study of light and depth of the specimen in ink technique. Brainstorming and images
Generate a theoretical-practical approach to scientific illustration, through black and white techniques, developing necessary skills in scientific illustration such as observation, attention to detail and accuracy.
1. Provide notions about shape, light, and depth and apply these basic concepts in an object of study.
2. Develop in students some necessary skills in scientific illustration such as observation, attention to detail and accuracy, in order to make the information needed by a researcher more visual and real.
3. Use the grid technique to illustrate a chosen specimen with exact measurements.
4. Produce a black and white scientific illustration using some ink technique.
Biologist from the University of Antioquia with a specialization in Scientific Illustration from California State University - Monterrey Bay (CSUMB)