Event price: No cost
Online payment: At the time of your registration you will be able to pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 03-04-2020
End date: 03-04-2020
Duration: 2.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Friday, April 3, 2020 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Event Code: 70075699
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Faculty: Nutrition and Food Sciences
Lucia Mercedes Velez Escobar
(57) (4) 444 05 55 extension 1748.
Carolina Carvajal Rodriguez
(57) (4) 444 05 55 extension 1269.
you have doubts? Write to us
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Course
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Course
The modality of the event is Face-to-face
Justification: Composition refers to the quantification of the components of the human body; Its study allows estimating the content of fat, muscle mass, bone and non-bone minerals, among other components. For this reason, the study of body composition is a very useful tool in areas such as nutrition, medicine, anthropology and science applied to sports. Today there are many models, methods and techniques for the analysis of body composition, which allow its evaluation from the simple and practical form such as the two-component model: fat mass and fat-free mass, to more elaborate methods and a little more complex and detailed where body mass is divided into two, three and five components.
Professionals in the area of nutrition and health.
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Know the skills that you will acquire when taking the Course at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Phone: (57) (4) 4043119
Mobile: 3012549844 - 3174302641
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
- Theoretical foundations of body composition.
- Practical demonstration of body composition estimative techniques.
- Interpretation of the results in body composition
Review the basic theoretical foundations of three methods for evaluating body composition: Anthropometry, bioelectric impedance and Dexa.
1. Encourage the student's approach to the assessment of nutritional status and gain knowledge about what is done in the environment.
2. Acquire knowledge about the risks, types and mechanisms of contamination and its prevention in food products.
3. Develop skills for the application of basic sanitation plans for establishments where food is handled.