Event price: $ 907,000 COP
Pay on line: At the time of your registration you can pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 06-07-2021
End date: 05-08-2021
Duration: 40.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 05:00 pm to 09:00 pm
Place: Tele Classroom Zoom Classroom.
Event Code: 70103502
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Faculty: Medicine Public Health Health Management
Soraida Yanet Rodriguez Rodriguez
(4) 4440555 ext 1615.
Uriel Palacios Barahona. MD. Esp., MSc.,PhD(c)
Director Center for Health Technology Assessment (CETES)
Coordinator Master of Health Economics
Tel.: (57)(4) 444 05 55 Ext. 1255
Calle 10A # 22-04 | Medellin Colombia
you have doubts? Write to us
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Course
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Course
The modality of the event is Virtual Classroom
Economic evaluation constitutes one of the pillars for decision-making in health. It is a tool that is used both in the analysis of public policies and decisions in the business sector, and can be applied simultaneously to providers, insurers and producers in the health sector. This type of analysis allows considering both the health outcomes and the costs associated with two or more comparison alternatives. To make an adequate abstraction of reality, it is necessary to develop the optimal model that connects the alternatives or decisions with our variables of interest and the natural history of the health condition. In particular, the use of high-level programming languages allows the agile development of models that require greater detail for the interpretation of reality. To achieve the learning objective, the course consists of two units, where the theory and concepts of economic evaluation are studied and then put into practice using the Python programming language, through Jupyter notebooks (Anaconda suite).
Professionals in the health area.
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be treated in the continuing education course
Learn about the skills you will acquire by taking the course at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Telephone: (57) (4) 604 91 25
Mobile: 301 254 98 44
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
- Unit # 1: Theory of Economic Evaluation
- Introduction to economic analysis in health
- Principles of Economic Evaluation
- Decision Rule
- Modeling Principles
- Cost Estimation
- Calculation of Health Outcomes
- Modeling using dynamic models for infectious diseases
- - Modeling using discrete event simulation models
- Unit # 2: Simulation
- Objects, Classes, and Functions in Python - Dynamic
- Introduction to Python (installation, import and export of data)
- Cost calculation
- Calculation of probabilities and outcome
- Calculation of the RICE and univariate analysis
- Analysis of secondary results (cases avoided, herd effect, impact on spread rates)
- Parallelization and Recurrence - Discrete Event Simulation (DES)
- Measurement of time and microsimulation (Monte Carlo of the First Order)
- Second order Monte Carlo simulation
- Acceptability curve
- Survival curve
- o Tornado Analysis
Provide the student with theoretical and practical tools that allow him to carry out advanced economic evaluation models in an easy and practical way. Dynamic models for the simulation of infectious diseases and discrete event simulation (DES) models for diseases with multiple stages will be studied.