Event price: No cost
Online payment: At the time of your registration you will be able to pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 03-04-2020
End date: 04-04-2020
Duration: 24.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: It will be held Friday, April 3 and Saturday, April 4 from 8:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Place: Universidad CES 10ª street # 22-04 town headquarters, classroom to be confirmed.
Event Code: 70075916
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Course
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Course
The modality of the event is Face-to-face
Strengthen the conceptual bases in the Geographic Information Systems necessary for the design, implementation and application in research projects and management of biological resources.
Aimed at undergraduate and graduate students, professionals in the biological sciences. The course can also be taken by other people (or non-biological professions) interested in the use and knowledge of geographic information in different disciplines.
Theoretical - practical
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Learn about the skills that you will acquire by taking the Course at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Telephone: (57) (4) 604 91 25
Mobile: 301 254 98 44
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
Topics to be discussed during the activity:
- 1. Introduction to Global Geo-positioning Systems and Geographic coordinate systems.
- 2. What is a map?
- 3. What are geographic information systems?
- 4. The cartographic information, its formats and sources.
- 5. Concepts of scale and resolution (Numerical scale and survey scale)
- 6. Remote sensors and their application.
- 7. Navigation and spatialization of geographic objects
- 8. Software and applications for field support (AvenzaMap, BaseCamp, AND INaturalist; Observation among others).
- 9. Equipment for positioning and orientation in the field. (GPS parameterization).
- 10. Field practice for geopositioning and orientation in the field.
- 11. Laboratory practice for the analysis, spatialization and manipulation of geographic data.
- 12. Cartographic outings and construction of maps.
Provide and familiarize in a technical way, but in a fun and practical way, the conceptual and practical tools on the use of Global Positioning Systems and their utilities. Factors necessary for the design, implementation and application in research projects and management of biological resources.