Start date: 29-07-2020
End date: 29-07-2020
Duration: 2.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Wednesday July 29 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Event Code: 70085211
To register for free, you must fill out the form below; the system will not show any invoice when you do it, but your active registration will remain.
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Course
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Course
The modality of the event is Virtual
The WHO has classified the outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 infections as a global pandemic and has declared a Public Health Emergency of International Importance with more than 500,000 deaths and around 10 million infected patients in the world at the end of June 2020 , with the current epicenter of the pandemic in the American continent. This new coronavirus is transmitted by direct contact with respiratory secretions (respiratory droplets> 5 µm expelled with coughing, sneezing or with the mucous membranes (nose, mouth or eyes) of an infected person; After an incubation period of 1 at 14 days (average of 5 days), fever, cough, dyspnea and other breathing disorders may appear; the infection may be asymptomatic, in the most severe cases, especially in risk groups (elderly patients, immunosuppressed, with pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases or with other comorbidities), infection can cause pneumonia, kidney failure, endothelial and multiple organ dysfunction, and death. These adverse outcomes are partly pathophysiologically mediated by the cytokine storm triggered by the interaction between SARS-CoV and ACE2 (angiotensin-converting enzyme 2) and DPP4 (dipeptidyl peptidase-4) receptors. A discussion was held with the participation of 14 experts (Nefról ogos and Intensivistas) that represent all the geographic zones of Colombia, with the objective of exploring the role of hemoadsorption therapies as management in patients with severe compromise by COVID19 in the context of cytokine storm and consequent endothelial damage; this with the sole purpose of removing a large amount of pro and anti-inflammatory interleukins, restoring the balance of the associated immune response. Recommendations were generated in clinical practice and acute management, therefore, we want to publicize the results through a Webinar and also show the experience in other countries where hemodsorptive therapies are managed in the context of cytokine storm associated with sepsis in critically ill patients
Nephrologists, Intensivists, Internists, Doctors who work in intensive care units and in general all health professionals who work in intensive care units.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Learn about the skills that you will acquire by taking the Course at our University.
Topics to be discussed during the activity
- Dr. Mauricio Vasco (Moderator). Anesthesiologist doctor. Welcome. (5 minutes).
- Expert discussion summary: addressing hemoadsorption techniques in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. (30 minutes).
- Dra. Isabel Saravia. Nephrologist physician. Colombia cluster medical manager. Advantages and benefits of hemoadsorption membranes. (15 minutes)
- Dr. Rafael García. Intensive Care Physician. Specialist in anesthesiology and resuscitation. Experiences with hemoadsorptive membranes in a clinical center in Spain. (40 minutes).
- Questions and answers (20 minutes).
- 1. Promote treatment alternatives within clinical practice using hemoadsorptive therapies in a critical way in critically ill patients in the context of sepsis.
- 2.Understand the pathophysiological mechanism involved in patients with cytokine storm in order to offer management with hemoadsorptive therapies
- 3. Make known the conclusions of a consensus of experts (Nephrologists / Intensivists) in the use of hemoadsorptive therapies in the context of Cytokine Storm.
- 4. Show the experience and clinical results in countries where hemoadsorptive therapies are used.