Event price: $ 1,300,000 COP
Online payment: At the time of your registration you will be able to pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 25-08-2021
End date: 03-12-2021
Duration: 90,00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Wednesday and Friday 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Place: Virtual class.
Event Code: 70110064
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Faculty: Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics
Camila Sierra Beltran
Administrative Assistant Continuing Education Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics
Telephone: (57) 604 4440555 ext. 1515.
Francisco Arango Vacares
Coordinator of Continuing Education Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics.
Telephone: (57) 604 4440555 ext. 1265.
you have doubts? Write to us
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Diploma
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Diploma
The modality of the event is Virtual
Recognize the biology and medicine of conservation as integrative disciplines, which in a theoretical and practical way allow to propose strategies for decision-making in the face of current environmental problems.
Veterinary Doctors Zootechnists, Veterinary Doctors, Biologists and students of the last semesters of these careers. (Professional card or proof of study will be requested as the case may be).
Online classes in real time – Face-to-face assisted by PAT technologies.
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be treated in the Continuing Education Diploma
Learn about the skills that you will acquire by taking the Diploma at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Phone: (57) 604 604 91 25
Mobile: 301 254 98 44
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
- Ecology Module
- Introduction: why this course / Introduction to Conservation Biology What is it?
- Environmental crisis and its origins (Population growth, Consumption), ecological footprint
- Module 2 Biodiversity
- Use and valuation of biodiversity
- Extinction Rates (Background and Current Rates)
- Module 3 Conservation biology
- What is a threatened species? Red lists and categorization method: categories, criteria subcriteria and qualifiers – forum run over
- In situ conservation strategies (population level)
- Module 4 Conservation medicine
- Animal welfare and ecosystem ethics
- Breeding programs to strengthen populations
- Disease ecology: impacts on human health
- Emerging diseases – zoonotic (COVID e.c.)
- Module 5 Conservation strategies
- Protected areas/definition, design, categories
- Conservation outside of APs (Landscape, Corridors, Metapopulations)
- Environmental legislation for conservation
Provide theoretical tools for decision-making in conservation projects and programs through a comprehensive vision of the problems to be faced.