Event price: $ 1,970,000 COP
Pay on line: At the time of your registration you can pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 18-08-2021
End date: 04-12-2021
Duration: 128.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Wednesdays 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Saturdays 8:00 AM to 12:00 M
Place: Virtual class.
Event Code: 70111490
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Faculty: Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics
Camila Sierra Beltran
Administrative Assistant Continuing Education Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics
(57) (4) 4440555 ext. 1515.
Francisco Arango Vacares
Coordinator of Continuing Education Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics.
(57)(4) 4440555 ext.1265.
you have doubts? Write to us
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Diploma
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Diploma
The modality of the event is Virtual
The challenges that our time presents in terms of education, health and social relations lead to a constant renewal in resources and methods, it is when Animal Assisted Interventions contribute to this transformation, giving a fundamental value to animals (dogs and horses), who become facilitators providing vital support in the different processes. In this diploma we have the responsibility of enriching the training and exalting interdisciplinary work with the premise of always ensuring Human-Animal Well-being, therefore in the hands of a great team, under the methodology of a combination of experience, practice and knowledge. Theoretical we will contribute in an integral way to the life of the professionals who take it.
Psychologists, veterinarians, physiotherapists, special educators, doctors, lawyers, coaches, students of any of these areas of knowledge
Synchronous virtual classes, through the Zoom platform.
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Learn about the skills that you will acquire by taking the Diploma at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Telephone: (57) (4) 604 91 25
Mobile: 301 254 98 44
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
- History - Ethical principles
- Legal framework animal welfare, disability, clarity in populations and contexts
- Ethology and basic concepts from natural behavior
- Canine behavior at the IAA
- Equine behavior at the IAA
- Selection, genetics and management of the Creole dog
- Human-animal bond, relationship and communication
- Withdrawal, grief and death in the therapist - animal, patient - animal bonds
- IAA and Psychology
- IAA and Physiotherapy
- IAA and in-hospital context
- IAA and Veterinarian and / or Training Professional
- Introduction to Therapy Dog Training
- Basic training techniques in dogs and horses
- What to teach in the therapy dog?
- Educational and therapeutic approach in IAA. Its benefits, definition universal design of learning, habilitation and rehabilitation.
- Technology-guided practice, case analysis and other strategies from virtual learning
Have strong ethical principles to achieve harmony of animal welfare, well-being of the patient and the therapist, always favoring the human-animal bond. ? Prevent bad practices in relation to animal welfare that have been identified in some professionals or people involved in these processes. Promote the IAA as a valid practice from the medical professionals. ? Favor the relationship with animalists who based on the bad practices of animal care disqualify and reject the IAA. ? Provide strict ethical principles, concepts, history and benefits of the practice so that the competencies that must be developed in order to make IAA are recognized