Event price: $ 1,500,000 COP
Pay on line: Recuerde que la apertura del evento debe tener un punto de
equilibrio, desde la Escuela de Graduados se les estará informando para
la realización del pago, al momento de tu inscripción podrás pagar en línea con tarjeta de crédito y PSE.
Payment in banks:
Presenta la factura impresa en láser, y acércate a las siguientes entidades bancarias:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Dirígete a la Caja de la Universidad y paga con tarjeta débito o crédito.
Start date: 07-10-2020
End date: 12-18-2020
Duration: 90 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Friday from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Place: Technology-assisted presence - CES University
Event Code: 70090076
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Know the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Diploma
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Diploma
The modality of the event is Virtual Classroom
The great advances in the field of genomics, transcriptomics and proteomics have generated the need to store, organize and interpret large amounts of biological information. Currently being necessary a new field of science in which several disciplines merge for the application of computational technologies to the management and analysis of biological data, resulting in Computational Biology.
Currently, computational biology has become a necessary tool for conducting research in multiple fields of science such as biology, genetics, genomics, evolution, biochemistry, and molecular biology. Providing the possibility of analyzing a large amount of biological information in a fast, reliable and accurate way. Furthermore, computational biology has enabled the large-scale study of multiple genomes, the analysis of gene expression between different transcriptomes, and finally elucidating the structure, function, and interaction of countless proteins. Therefore, it is important that professionals in the area of health and related areas acquire basic foundations on computational biology, which will allow them to develop new research in this new field of science.
The purpose of the diploma in computational biology fundamentals is to provide professionals in the health area and related areas with the basic concepts in the management, manipulation and interpretation of bioinformatics tools applied to the study of DNA, RNA and Protein sequences.
Professionals in the area of health and related, with basic knowledge in molecular biology.
Technology-Assisted Presence (Zoom Application)
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be dealt with in the Continuing Education Course
Learn about the skills that you will acquire by taking the Diploma at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneider Acevedo
Telephone: (57) (4) 604 91 25
Payment with Severance:
Consulta con tu empresa administradora de fondos y cesantías sobre los requisitos para realizar el pago*.
*Aplica para diplomados y certificaciones.
- Introduction to Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Structure of DNA, RNA and Proteins
- DNA, RNA and Protein Database
- BLAST algorithm
- Nucleic acid and protein sequence alignment
- Primer design
- Restriction enzymes
- Mutation analysis, bioinformatic prediction of the effect of mutations and pedigree analysis.
- Electropherogram analysis
- Phylogenetic analysis
- MLST analysis (multi-locus sequence typing)
- Haplotype networks
- NGS data quality analysis
- Sequence mapping and assembly
- Genome visualization
- Genome annotation
- Genome comparison
- Detection of orthologous proteins
- Protein functional analysis
- Protein structural modeling and protein alignment
- Chemical properties of proteins (amino acids, isoelectric point, molecular weight, signal peptide, cell location, protein patterns and motifs).
- Identification of peptides by mass spectrometry and computational biology tools.
- Protein interaction networks
- Gene Quantification: Real Time PCR Data Analysis
- Design of bioinformatic experiments for gene cloning: enzymatic cloning and Gibson cloning.
- Design of bioinformatic experiments of site directed mutagenesis
- Detection of islands of pathogenicity
- Virulence factor detection
- Detection of genes associated with antibiotic resistance
- Genomic detection of bacteriophages and toxins
- Bioinformatics tools for epigenetic data analysis
Train professionals in the health area and related areas in the management, manipulation and interpretation of bioinformatics tools applied to the study of DNA, RNA and Protein sequences.
Doctor in Biology with an emphasis in Molecular Biology - Professor Graduate School CES University
PhD in Biomedical Sciences - Professor at the CES University Graduate School