Event price: No cost
Online payment: At the time of your registration you will be able to pay online with credit card and PSE.
Payment in banks:
Present the invoice printed in laser, and approach the following banking entities:
- Banco de Bogotá and its banking correspondents: Almacenes Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Súper inter.
Go to the University Cashier and pay with a debit or credit card.
Start date: 24-10-2019
End date: 24-10-2019
Duration: 10.00 hours.
Event city: Medellin
Hours: Thursday, October 24, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm
Place: Calle 10 A No 22-04, Medellín Block C Aula 301.
Event Code: 70067875
To register, you must fill out the form to generate the invoice and make the payment online, banks or in person at the University.
Learn about the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Symposium
We share the characteristics or requirements that you must meet to be part of this Symposium
The modality of the event is Face-to-face
The symposium on the history and philosophy of science, organized by the faculties of science and biotechnology and psychology, is a space for debate and discussion about science, its historical developments and permanent challenges, which seeks to expand the university possibilities of thinking about the Sciences.
General public, students and teachers
Face-to-face, presentation type with national experts
Find out how you can finance your registration in this event.
Find the contents to be discussed in the Symposium of your choice
Learn about the skills you will acquire by holding the Symposium at our University.
Finance the payment of your registration with SUFI, contact the advisor:
Anderson Esneyder Acevedo Benitez
Telephone: (57) (4) 604 91 25
Mobile: 301 254 98 44
Payment with Severance:
Check with your fund and severance management company about the requirements to make the payment *.
* Applies for diplomas and certifications.
- 8:00 - 8:35 am Talk 1: The pure, the finite, the ephemeral reason: A chronology of knowledge from metaphysics to complexity mediating morality. Luis Fernando Toro.
- 8:35 - 9:10 am Talk 2: Biology and Logic of scientific decision. Camilo Ramirez
- 9:10 - 9:45 am Talk 3: Borges: skepticism as a scientific virtue Jhon Mauricio Taborda
- 10:15 - 10:50 am Talk 4: The theoretical crisis in psychology: A proposal from the philosophy of psychology and cognitive science. David Vanegas and Óscar Sanchez
- 10:50 - 11:25 am Talk 5: Brief approach to the history of psychotherapy: Is contemporaneity a turning point for it? Juan Carlos Jaramillo placeholder image
- 11:25 - 12:00 pm Talk 6: Scientific contributions to Florentine Renaissance art of a naturalistic nature Gabriel Jaime Agudelo
- 1:30 - 2:05 pm Talk 7: Cinema and science, a complex relationship Mario Arenas
- 2:05 - 2:40 pm Talk 8: Science and its metaphors. An approximation between knowledge and truth Omar Julian Álvarez
- 2:40 - 3:15 pm Talk 9: An Approach to Plant Cognition Cristina Lopez Gallego and Santiago Arango Muñoz
- 3:30 - 4:05 pm Talk 10: Metaphysics and science: the problem of chance Juan Manuel Uribe Cano
- 4:05 - 4:40 pm Talk 11: Skepticism and rationality in David Hume Jerónimo Narváez
General objective To carry out an update in the light of modern neuroscience on the structure and functioning of the human cerebral cortex.
Programs that might interest you
Clinical evaluation course: psychological interview and use of psychometric tests for evaluative purposes
Learn about the importance of the topics to be addressed during the development of the Diploma ... Plus