• Carry out the independent, timely and objective evaluation of the research protocols that involve human subjects, individually or collectively, in order to issue a concept on compliance with the ethical requirements and their concordance with the technical, methodological and administrative aspects. .
• Implement ethical review and monitoring procedures for projects that have obtained a positive decision in order to guarantee strict compliance with what has been approved.
• Verify compliance with the recommendations and suggestions for improvement in the protocols that need to be reviewed again before their final approval.
• Ensure compliance with the laws, standards and guidelines issued by national and international organizations that regulate the ethical aspects of scientific research.
• Generate the institutional guidelines necessary for researchers to correctly apply ethical principles to the design of their research proposals.
• Sensitize researchers, teachers and students about the importance of protecting the rights, safety and well-being of human beings and institutions, who participate as study subjects in research.
• Continuously promote among researchers, teachers and students respect for human dignity, privacy and autonomy of research participants, and confidentiality.
In addition to those described, the committee will fulfill the functions that by law it must fulfill when there are modifications to the existing norms or when new norms come into force.