The Institutional Committee for the Care and Use of Animals (CICUA) of the CES University is an academic, independent body, outside the political, organizational or commercial influence of third parties, which is in charge of safeguarding and ensuring the care and respect of animals used as active subjects in the research, teaching and extension process.
Constitution of the Institutional Committee for the Care and Use of Animals (CICUA):
• Director of Research of the university or his delegate, who will preside over it.
• Dean of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics or his delegate.
• Head of the Biology Program or his delegate.
• Veterinarian on behalf of the Colombian Agricultural Institute.
• Representative of a natural resources administration authority.
• Representative of the animal protection societies.
• Consultant or advisor not linked to the university, with teaching or research experience in ethics, as an independent member and representative of the community.