What are they?
Biotechnology unit attached to the Faculty of Sciences and Biotechnology with a focus on the provision of services and research for the agricultural, forestry and other sectors.
What do they do?
We direct efforts to the detection of viruses and viroids, research and development in the production of secondary metabolites using biotechnological techniques and in vitro propagation techniques of plants. We tend to impact plant production and R&D&I actions in the sectors served with the academic and scientific support of CES University and a qualified human resource.
• Laboratory with ICA Registry for in vitro propagation Resolution 00029658 of August 8, 2018 and export of plant material in vitro ICA Registration 003637 of March 28, 2019.
• Equipped laboratory with trained personnel.
• Carrying out tests and accompanying processes for decision-making in the detection of viruses and viroids.
• Training in topics related to plant biotechnology.
What services do you offer?
• Real-time RT-PCR tests and Taqman probes for the detection of CSVd in chrysanthemums.
• Real-time RT-PCR tests for the detection of CChMVd, TSWV and TAV.
• In vitro propagation of selected plant material.
• Characterization of plant varieties by molecular techniques.
• Use of biotechnological techniques in the production of secondary metabolites in vitro.
Diego Mauricio Martínez Rivillas
CES | University 10A Street # 22-04 | Medellin, Colombia
Telephone: (57) 604 444 0555 Ext. 1336