What are they?
Biotechnology unit attached to the Faculty of Sciences and Biotechnology with a focus on the provision of services and research for the agricultural, forestry and other sectors.
What do they do?
We direct efforts to the detection of viruses and viroids, research and development in the production of secondary metabolites through biotechnological techniques and in vitro plant propagation techniques. We strive to impact plant production and R & D & I actions in the sectors served with the academic and scientific support of the CES University and qualified human resources.
A laboratory in charge of the detection of viruses and viroids in vegetables and flower cultures with molecular techniques; propagation of selected plant material, identification of plant varieties by molecular techniques and use of biotechnological techniques in the production of secondary metabolites in vitro. The main novelty and difference of the product is working with viruses and viroids in vegetables and focusing on their treatment in a preventive way and with an interest in increasing productivity.
• Equipped laboratory with trained personnel.
• Carrying out tests and monitoring processes in the detection of viruses and viroids.
• Training on issues related to viruses and viroids for plants.
• More than 1500 tests for crystals evaluated.
• Laboratories with management and waste management systems.
• Real time PCR equipment.
• Conventional thermal cyclers
• Water purification
• Faces of growth
• Laminar flow filter faces
What tests do they do?
• Reproducibility tests.
• Sensitivity evaluation.
• There are RT-PCR tests and Taqman probes for the detection of CSVd based on RT-PCR techniques.
• RT-PCR techniques for the detection of CChMVd and TSWV
• Propagation of selected plant material.
• Identification of plant varieties by molecular techniques.
• Use of biotechnological techniques in the production of secondary metabolites in vitro.
• Validation of RT-PCR techniques for the detection of Tomato aspermy virus (TAV)