The CES University of Medellín follows the guidelines promoted by the World Health Organization (WHO) and health authorities at the national, departmental and local levels for the prevention and containment of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have decided as a high quality Higher Education Institution, to plan adequate measures that protect the health of our university community and therefore, its closest surroundings.
Next, we communicate to the public opinion the measures that will be implemented from the institution:
- To prevent disease, avoid contagion or reduce the spread of acute respiratory infections, we will promote from the Office of Health and Safety at Work routines of frequent hand washing with soap and water; This reduces the chance of getting infected by 50%. In events where hand washing is not possible, they must use antibacterial gel or glycerinated alcohol, which will be arranged by the University in different spaces of the institution and its service centers in the municipalities of Medellín, Envigado and Sabaneta.
- International exchanges or trips of an institutional nature are temporarily suspended during March and April. What we seek with this measure is to protect our university community from doing mobility in countries considered high risk.
- The teaching, student or administrative personnel who return from countries at risk, will have to undergo a preventive social isolation of 14 days on their return and must inform the competent entities about their current state of health.
- All massive international events that were planned to take place at the University are temporarily suspended until further notice.
- We will promote virtual education and work at home. People who present symptoms of fever, cough, general malaise and flu may arrange flexible hours with their immediate bosses. If you need to develop academic activities virtually, you can manage it by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review, together with the companies hired to provide cleaning and surveillance services, the contingency protocols and the use of protection instruments, as well as reinforce the cleaning and cleaning measures of the institution's infrastructure and its service centers.
- Avoid physical contact with other people. Specifically shake hands or kiss on the cheek to people with flu or cough symptoms. In addition, avoid contact with sick people or those who have symptoms related to the coronavirus.
- Cover with the inside of the elbow when sneezing.
- Stay home and wear a mask if they have cold symptoms. The use of this item is suggested only when you are in charge of a person with symptoms.
- Use disinfectants or alcohol to clean personal objects, surfaces, areas and materials of constant use.
- Recommend the use of disposable tissues when sneezing and be discarded immediately.
- Recommend not touching your nose, eyes or mouth.
- Before any suspicion or doubt of viral pathology, it is recommended to consult the 123 hotline in Medellín or the cell number 3218533928 authorized by the Government of Antioquia.
For more information we suggest consulting the official website of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection