Medellín, March 20, 2020
In the midst of the flow of information related to the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Colombia, and the Secretariats of Health of Antioquia and Medellín, the CES University is allowed to report that:
1. The official media of the CES University are the only channels authorized by the institution of higher education for the dissemination of academic, administrative and health information to the university community, related to the contingency that the country is going through due to the coronavirus. Below we list the official media and accounts for internal and external communication:
- Media: web portal (www.ces.edu.co); email (@ ces.edu.co and @ uces.edu.co); press releases and bulletins (email@example.com).
- Official social networks: Facebook - @UnivCES; Twitter – @university; Instagram - @university This information will be replicated by the authorized accounts of the faculties and service centers.
2. The rector of the University and / or the managers, directors, deans, heads of areas and teachers designated by the Office of Organizational Communication will be the only institutional spokespersons authorized to speak in different aspects on issues related to COVID-19 and the academic and administrative decisions adopted by the institution and service centers during the contingency. Prior to the delivery of statements, it will be the obligation of the administrative staff to inform the Office in case of being requested directly by a means of communication.
3. We clarify that the University and its faculties have no link with those citizen demonstrations or information shared in unofficial social networks and related to COVID-19. These contents do not have administrative or scientific endorsement, therefore they do not represent the philosophy of our alma mater, unless said information is approved and shared by the official communication channels of the CES University. The institutional logo can only be used in graphic pieces approved by the Organizational Communication Office and in academic pieces by the Virtual CES office.
4. We call on the entire community in general not to be disseminators of false, imprecise information and to be responsible with the handling of the contents, this to avoid the generation of panic and misinformation in society in general. We invite you to consult the official channels of the appropriate entities in the management of the pandemic such as the World Health Organization (WHO), the Ministry of Health and Social Protection, the Government of Antioquia, the Mayor's Office of Medellín and the CES University.
Jorge Julián Osorio Gómez
CES University Rector