SNIES: 107317 | Qualified registration: Resolution 013836 of August 15, 2018
Biomedical engineering is a discipline that applies engineering principles to understand, solve, and create solutions to human and animal health problems through the use of technology.
Our Biomedical Engineering program is based on practices, rotations, experiential activities with the environment and teamwork, through strategies of innovation, design, co-creation, and entrepreneurship.
We refine the vocation of our students through immersion in professional environments to deepen and apply their knowledge acquired during their educational process.
We start from our three training stages (exploration, decision and specialization) to promote a development consistent with world trends and University projects.
In the exploration we present learning in basic engineering and health sciences. In the decision, our students receive a training offer that will allow them to refine their professional vocation. And in the specialization we put knowledge into action through deepening and experimentation, to discover new interests in the disciplines of the area.
We design a competency-based approach with emphasis on communication processes, ethical balance, teamwork and the development of the person and the citizen.
Know our rates and dates 2021-1
Registration: until July 9, 2021
Interview: You will find the information in the registration credential that will be sent to the email you registered. In case the complete information does not reach you, you can contact the faculty and request it
Admission results: You can check if you were admitted on our website or by calling the faculty of the chosen program
Program duration: 9 semesters (4.5 years)
Registration payment: The registration payment will arrive to your email where you will find information on dates, value and forms of payment.
Classes start: July 12, 2021 (confirm with the faculty)
Registration PIN cost: $ 170,000 COP
Cost of academic credit: $ 477,000 COP
* The cost of the semester depends on the number of credits that are enrolled.
Learn about our registration requirements:
• Extended and legible identity document.
• Recent color photo with a white background, 3 × 4 size.
• Grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (if the latter applies).
• Copy of the bachelor's degree certificate.
• If you are not yet a high school graduate, attach proof that you are in the last year.
• ICFES or SABER 11th test result. If you do not have the result of the
tests, attach the citation to the exam or proof of being enrolled in them.
• Certificate of affiliation to a health system (EPS) or prepaid medicine.
of the applicant
If you are passionate about the study of the human being, its movement and health, our program is for you.
To start a new learning experience we offer you our seedbeds of applicants.
of the graduate
We train professionals of high technical and scientific level, with solid foundations in basic sciences, biology, engineering and health.
• People motivated by a career that integrates engineering with health and biology. Interested in the study of living beings and in improving their quality of life and their direct environment.
• With the capacity for astonishment before the diverse developments in all the fields of science, restless by the observation, the innovation, the investigation and the creation of companies.
• The applicant must have a great disposition to assimilate new technologies and adaptability to different work environments, with entrepreneurial initiative and creativity to solve problems.
• People with a high capacity for service and a sense of solidarity, sensitive to disability, respectful of diversity, critical thinking and commitment to apply their knowledge for the benefit of society.
• Be suitable for teamwork, have leadership attitudes with excellent interpersonal relationships, responsible and with skills to interact in national and international environments.
• People with capacities and aptitudes to face the academic demands that they will face not only throughout their career but also in their professional life.
We developed this seedbed so that those who do it can learn about the new lines of performance in the health area from engineering, applying creativity and design to improve the quality of life of people and animals.
Our goal is for the new generation to know us and to be able to:
- Explore different health activities that allow interaction with engineering.
- Promote a space for young leaders to meet, and learn to work as a team to solve health problems.
• Introduction to health and engineering.
• What can an engineer who likes health work on?
• Bioengineering, nanotechnology.
• Tissue engineering: stem cells, organ and tissue regeneration.
• Personalized medicine: genomics, proteomics and bioinformatics.
• Human factors and rehabilitation engineering.
• Assistive technologies for disability.
• Technology management: how technology can help me improve my health.
• Design thinking: innovation applied to health.
• Visit to the Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Center - CVZ- for practice in animal rehabilitation.
Our graduated engineers have a high resolution capacity, a solid human formation supported by values such as ethics, respect, tolerance, social responsibility and discipline, which will allow them to develop their life project and at the same time contribute to the development of the society.
They stand out for being innovative, for their ability to integrate knowledge into problem solving analytically, working as a team and leading multidisciplinary groups.
They are able to participate in the generation and development of knowledge in biomedical engineering with research, innovation and entrepreneurship projects to contribute to society.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process of our University.
Learn about our facilities, benefits and services that we have for you.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
In order to graduate you must:
1. Approve all the subjects of the study plan and the specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotions Committee.
2. Present the current evidence that the State determines to be mandatory.
3 . Comply with the requirement of a second language as stated in an agreement of the Superior Council.
4. Present a certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
5. Present the payment of the Degree Fees, established by the Administrative Committee.
6. Approve the degree work
7. Be at peace and safe with the University for all reasons.
At CES University we ensure the well-being of our students, and that is why we have developed physical, social, sports and cultural spaces for the educational community to access them at any time.
Our campus has an infrastructure of 3 buildings with parking lots, green areas, more than 15 restaurants, accessibility ramps, coliseum and sports areas for squash, table tennis, billiards, video games, gym, among others.Get to know our campus
To finance your studies we have agreements with:
CES Educational Strengthening Program
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Trends and the hospital of the future
Design and innovation, creativity and universal design, Human factors, ergonomics
General chemistry and laboratory
Differential calculus, integral calculus and differential equations, linear algebra
Conceptual and Experimental Physics I and Conceptual and Experimental Physics II
Modeling and simulation I and II
Comprehensive social security system
What do they say about our programs?
“At CES University, before being a professional you are a human being and they base you on principles and values so that when you are in your field of work you can be relevant. I chose to study at CES because it gives me knowledge of both the human, animal and biological area and thus be able to put them into practice ”.
We promote activities that impact and project scientific, social and environmental aspects. Plus
Legal information of the program
Faculty of Engineering
Resolution 013836 of August 15, 2018
4 and a half years (9 semesters)
Cost of academic credit:
$ 477,000 COP