Biomedical engineering is a discipline that applies engineering principles to understand, solve, and create solutions to human and animal health problems through the use of technology.
Our Biomedical Engineering program is based on practices, rotations, experiential activities with the environment and teamwork, through strategies of innovation, design, co-creation, and entrepreneurship.
We refine the vocation of our students through immersion in professional environments to deepen and apply their knowledge acquired during their educational process.
We start from our three training stages (exploration, decision and specialization) to promote a development consistent with world trends and University projects.
In the exploration we present learning in basic engineering and health sciences. In the decision, our students receive a training offer that will allow them to refine their professional vocation. And in the specialization we put knowledge into action through deepening and experimentation, to discover new interests in the disciplines of the area.
We design a competency-based approach with emphasis on communication processes, ethical balance, teamwork and the development of the person and the citizen.
Know our rates and dates 2021-1
Inscription: hasta el 19 de enero de 2022
Interview: Encontrarás la información en la credencial de inscripción que será enviada al correo electrónico que registraste. En caso que no te llegue la información completa puedes comunicarte con la facultad y solicitarla
Admission results: Podrás consultar si fuiste admitido en our web o llamando a la facultad del programa elegido
Duration of the program: 9 semestres (4,5 años)
Payment of tuition: A tu correo llegará la liquidación de matrícula donde encontrarás la información sobre fechas, valor y formas de pago.
Start of classes: 25 de enero de 2022 (confirmar con la facultad)
Registration PIN cost: $170.000 COP
Cost of academic credit: $477.000 COP
*El costo del semestre depende de la cantidad de créditos que se matriculen.
*Valores correspondientes a 2021
Learn about our registration requirements:
• Documento de identidad ampliado y legible.
• Foto reciente a color con fondo blanco, tamaño 3×4.
• Calificaciones de los grados 9º, 10º, 11° y 12° (si este último aplica).
• Copia del acta de grado de bachiller.
• Si aún no eres bachiller, adjuntar constancia que cursas el último año.
• Resultado pruebas ICFES o SABER 11°. Si no tienes el resultado de las
pruebas, adjunta la citación al examen o constancia de estar inscrito a ellas.
• Certificado de afiliación a un sistema de salud (EPS) o medicina prepagada.
of the applicant
If you are passionate about the study of the human being, its movement and health, our program is for you.
To start a new learning experience we offer you our seedbeds of applicants.
of the graduate
We train professionals of high technical and scientific level, with solid foundations in basic sciences, biology, engineering and health.
• People motivated by a career that integrates engineering with health and biology. Interested in the study of living beings and in improving their quality of life and their direct environment.
• With the capacity for astonishment before the diverse developments in all the fields of science, restless by the observation, the innovation, the investigation and the creation of companies.
• The applicant must have a great disposition to assimilate new technologies and adaptability to different work environments, with entrepreneurial initiative and creativity to solve problems.
• People with a high capacity for service and a sense of solidarity, sensitive to disability, respectful of diversity, critical thinking and commitment to apply their knowledge for the benefit of society.
• Be suitable for teamwork, have leadership attitudes with excellent interpersonal relationships, responsible and with skills to interact in national and international environments.
• People with capacities and aptitudes to face the academic demands that they will face not only throughout their career but also in their professional life.
We developed this seedbed so that those who do it can learn about the new lines of performance in the health area from engineering, applying creativity and design to improve the quality of life of people and animals.
Our goal is for the new generation to know us and to be able to:
- Explore different health activities that allow interaction with engineering.
- Promote a space for young leaders to meet, and learn to work as a team to solve health problems.
• Introducción a la salud y a la ingeniería.
• What can an engineer who likes health work on?
• Bioengineering, nanotechnology.
• Tissue engineering: stem cells, organ and tissue regeneration.
• Personalized medicine: genomics, proteomics and bioinformatics.
• Human factors and rehabilitation engineering.
• Assistive technologies for disability.
• Technology management: how technology can help me improve my health.
• Design thinking: innovation applied to health.
• Visit to the Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Center - CVZ- for practice in animal rehabilitation.
Our graduated engineers have a high resolution capacity, a solid human formation supported by values such as ethics, respect, tolerance, social responsibility and discipline, which will allow them to develop their life project and at the same time contribute to the development of the society.
They stand out for being innovative, for their ability to integrate knowledge into problem solving analytically, working as a team and leading multidisciplinary groups.
They are able to participate in the generation and development of knowledge in biomedical engineering with research, innovation and entrepreneurship projects to contribute to society.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process of our University.
Learn about our facilities, benefits and services that we have for you.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
In order to graduate you must:
1. Aprobar todas las asignaturas del plan de estudio y los requisitos específicos para cada programa, reportado en el acta por el Comité de Promociones.
2. Presentar las pruebas vigentes que el Estado determine como de obligatorio cumplimiento.
3. Cumplir la exigencia de segunda lengua según lo manifestado en acuerdo del Consejo Superior.
4. Presentar certificado de asistencia a la Cátedra CES.
5. Presentar el pago de los Derechos de grado, establecidos por el Comité Administrativo.
6. Aprobar el trabajo de grado
7. Estar a paz y salvo con la Universidad por todo concepto.
At CES University we ensure the well-being of our students, and that is why we have developed physical, social, sports and cultural spaces for the educational community to access them at any time.
Our campus has an infrastructure of 3 buildings with parking lots, green areas, more than 15 restaurants, accessibility ramps, coliseum and sports areas for squash, table tennis, billiards, video games, gym, among others.Get to know our campus
To finance your studies we have agreements with:
CES Educational Strengthening Program
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Trends and the hospital of the future
Design and innovation, creativity and universal design, Human factors, ergonomics
General chemistry and laboratory
Differential calculus, integral calculus and differential equations, linear algebra
Conceptual and Experimental Physics I and Conceptual and Experimental Physics II
Modeling and simulation I and II
Comprehensive social security system
What do they say about our programs?
“At CES University, before being a professional you are a human being and they base you on principles and values so that when you are in your field of work you can be relevant. I chose to study at CES because it gives me knowledge of both the human, animal and biological area and thus be able to put them into practice ”.
We promote activities that impact and project scientific, social and environmental aspects. Plus
Legal information of the program
Facultad de Ingeniería
Resolución 013836 del 15 de agosto de 2018
4 años y medio (9 semestres)
Cost of academic credit: