SNIES: 104290 | Qualified registration: Resolution 3066 of March 11, 2015
We train highly qualified professionals who are contextualized in the food and nutritional reality of the world, the country and the region, capable of addressing problems related to the set of processes of human nutrition and food, within the framework of the nutrition and food system.
Our graduates are characterized by a strong scientific foundation and a high social and ethical sense to perform as leaders and active members of interdisciplinary teams in the fields of action of nutrition: health sector, food industry and market, research, public health and primary care .
The study plan of the career is organized in ten academic semesters, two levels of training (foundation from 1st to 6th semester) and four areas of knowledge that group the different subjects: Disciplinary (Basic, human nutrition and food), health public and nutrition, knowledge management and socio-humanities.
Know our rates and dates 2021-1
Registration: until June 11, 2021
Interview: You will find the information in the registration credential that will be sent to the email you registered. In case the complete information does not reach you, you can contact the faculty and request it
Admission results: You can check if you were admitted on our website or by calling the faculty of the chosen program
Program duration: 10 semesters (5 years)
Registration payment: The registration payment will arrive to your email where you will find information on dates, value and forms of payment
Classes start: July 12, 2021 (confirm with the faculty)
Registration PIN cost: $ 170,000 COP
Cost of academic credit: $ 399,000 COP
* The cost of the semester depends on the number of credits that are enrolled.
Learn about our registration requirements:
• Extended and legible identity document.
• Recent color photo with a white background, 3 × 4 size.
• Grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (if the latter applies).
• Copy of the bachelor's degree certificate.
• If you are not yet a high school graduate, attach the certificate certifying that you are in the last year.
• ICFES or SABER 11th test result. If you do not have the result of the
tests, attach the citation to the exam or proof of being enrolled in them.
• Certificate of affiliation to a health system (EPS) or prepaid medicine.
of the applicant
If you are motivated to work for nutrition and food for people, our program is for you.
To start a new learning experience, we offer you our seedbeds of applicants.
of the graduate
Our professionals lead interdisciplinary processes related to food and nutrition in different areas.
To belong to the Nutrition and Dietetics program, you must be responsible and have a scientific and social commitment, with a high ethical sense and a critical stance towards people's food and nutritional problems.
You must be disciplined, and highly motivated to keep up with advances in science and technology.
Constant research should be your strength to be contextualized with the food and nutritional reality of the world, and be able to address problems related to nutrition and food systems.
The seedbed is a space created so that our aspirants and those interested in being dietitian nutritionists know a little more about the object of study of the program and the challenges they will assume in their professional practice.
The seedbed is for 10th and 11th grade students. What's more,
People interested in the program, who through talks, lectures with invited experts and practices at the Center for Advanced Studies in Nutrition and Food, will learn about the most relevant aspects of the study of Nutrition and Dietetics at CES University.
As a graduate you can work in:
• Planning, monitoring and evaluation of the feeding of the person or group of people healthy, with alterations in their state of health, taking into account the physiological or pathological needs if it is the case.
• The planning, management, evaluation and execution of population and community processes for disease prevention and health promotion, acting on the general population, from various entities, developing and participating in food, prevention and health policy programs in general, and food education, within the framework of the public health and community nutrition.
• The management and organization of community or institutional food services and in the monitoring and surveillance processes for the quality and health of food throughout the production process.
• The new product innovation and in the marketing related to nutrition and the promotion of healthy lifestyles and eating. As well as in the management of new products aimed at food and nutritional supplementation and complementation processes.
• In training and teaching processes in public and private institutions and in formal education processes or not, guiding training processes, training or updating in nutrition and food to health or food science professionals, producers, consumers, health promoters, industrialists, and food handlers, among others.
• What investigator in inter and multidisciplinary teams in the sciences of food, nutrition and health.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process of our University.
Learn about the facilities, benefits and services that we have for you.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
In order to graduate you must:
1. Approve all the subjects of the study plan and the specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotions Committee.
2. Present the current evidence that the State determines to be mandatory.
3 . Comply with the requirement of a second language as stated in an agreement of the Superior Council.
4. Present a certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
5. Present the payment of the degree fees, established by the Administrative Committee.
6. Approve the degree work.
7. Be at peace and safe with the University for all reasons.
At CES University we ensure the well-being of our students, and that is why we have developed physical, social, sports and cultural spaces for the educational community to access them at any time.
Our campus has an infrastructure of 3 buildings with parking lots, green areas, more than 15 restaurants, accessibility ramps, coliseum and sports areas for squash, table tennis, billiards, video games, gym, among others.
To finance your studies we have agreements with:
CES Educational Strengthening Program
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Nutritionist Dietitian - Specialist in Health Services Administration - Master in Public Health - Doctorate in Organizational Studies
Professional in Health Information Systems Management - Master in Public Health and Epidemiology
Zootechnician - Specialist in Food Science and Technology - Master in Food Science and Technology
Nutritionist Dietitian - Physical educator - Specialist in Human Nutrition - Master in Food Sciences and Human Nutrition
What do they say about our programs?
“If you are someone who wants to impact people's lives, Nutrition is for you. Because it is a race that shows how food and its environment create customs, ideals and what a person is. The best thing about our career is that it allows us to combine the practical and theoretical component. And with our laboratory we can learn gastronomic techniques to learn about food and how to prepare it in a healthy way ”.
We promote activities that impact and project scientific, social and environmental aspects. Plus
Legal information of the program
Nutrition and diet
Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences
Resolution 3066 of March 11, 2015
5 years (10 semesters)
Cost of academic credit:
$ 399,000 COP