SNIES: 53185 |
The University's Critical Medicine and Intensive Care program was created in 2008 and since then it has trained specialists with the highest quality, who respond to the needs of the care of critically ill patients. It is a program characterized by its high academic demand.
It has a highly qualified teaching group and rotation fields of excellence that allow the resident to acquire the necessary skills that the intensivist must have to perform as a specialist in the area both nationally and internationally.
Know our rates and dates
Registration: from December 1, 2020 to January 27, 2021
Exam: February 3, 2021 (virtual - Moodle platform)
Interview: from February 8 to 19, 2021 (virtual-zoom classrooms)
Program duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Tuition payment: from February 22 to March 5, 2021
Classes start: June 1, 2021 (induction course)
Registration PIN cost: $ 321,300 COP
Total cost per semester: $ 16,300,000 COP
* The cost of the semester depends on the number of credits that are enrolled.
Documentation required for the registration process:
· A copy of the minutes of undergraduate
Copy of diploma
· Copy of the identity document (extended to 150%)
· Photo size 3 x 4 color, white background
NOTE: Previous documents or photocopies do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which false information is verified, or that are not fully filled out, will not be considered.
You will not be able to carry out the interview if you come to it without the minimum required documentation .
Clinical Postgraduate Assistant
Eliana Andrea Ramírez Marín
Phone: (57) (4) 444 05 55 Ext. 1333
Head of clinical postgraduate division
Carolina Cataño Velasquez
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1333
Clinical postgraduate academic coordinator
Laura Catalina Libreros Foronda
Phone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1333
Nelson Fonseca Ruíz
Do you want to know more?Write to us
of the applicant
Learn about the characteristics to be part of the Critical Medicine and Intensive Care program.
We have our own rotation and practice centers and an agreement for the development of activities.
Our graduates are ethical, critical and humane people, willing to solve the needs of society.
The program is aimed at Specialists in Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or General Surgery.
• University Hospital of San Vicente Foundation - Medellín
• Medellín Clinic - Medellín
• General Hospital of Medellín - Medellín
• Las Américas Clinic - Medellín
• Neurological Institute of Colombia - Medellín
• CardioVid Clinic - Medellín
• SOMA Clinic - Medellín
• Pablo Tobón Uribe Hospital - Medellín
They are people of integrity, with an academic training based on knowledge of basic and clinical sciences, skills in Critical Medicine and Intensive Care techniques, with decision-making capacity and manual skills, which allow an excellent development of their profession.
Our graduates have the necessary skills to carry out their work in accordance with the values and principles taught by CES University to demonstrate their commitment to excellence.
Our specialists solve the problems of their patients in a timely and suitable manner. They are passionate about their profession, respectful of human dignity, as well as their colleagues and teachers. They communicate with their patients, their colleagues and their work team and always strive for effective and efficient performance.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process of our University.
Groups and lines
We offer different research groups to strengthen the knowledge of our professionals.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
1. Approve all the subjects of the study plan and specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotions Committee.
2. To have presented the current evidence that the State determines to be mandatory.
3. Have fulfilled the requirement of a second language as stated in the resolution of the Superior Council.
4. Present a certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
5. The payment of the degree rights, established in the pecuniary rights.
6. Have approved the degree or research work.
7. Peace and safe with the University for all concepts.
Main Group: Clinical Research Group (in training)
Lines of investigation:
• Epidemiology in Critical Medicine
Groups that support the program:
Epidemiology and biostatistics, Public Health Observatory, Health Technologies.
For financing we have agreements with:
CES Educational Strengthening Program
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Doctor, anesthesiologist, specialist in critical medicine and intensive care, magister in epidemiology and professor at CES University. He has extensive experience in the area of teaching and research in the field of intensive care.
The CES University professor is characterized by his high academic profile added to his humanistic vision, his critical capacity for the analysis of information and his permanent search to innovate in academic processes
Legal information of the program
Specialization in Critical Medicine and Intensive Care
School of Medicine
Resolution 14751 of August 12, 2020
Critical Medicine and Intensive Care Specialist
2 years (4 semesters)
4 per year
Total cost per semester:
$ 16,300,000 COP