SNIES: 54057 | Qualified registration: Resolution 104 of January 3, 2014
The CES University Psychiatry program is recognized for its high quality and academic demand, it was created in 2008 and since its creation it has trained specialists in the area with the highest technical, scientific and human quality.
The program has great strength in training in the area of liaison psychiatry and in research, the latter supported by the Center of Excellence in Mental Health, whose research group has strong lines of research in addictions (use and abuse of psychoactive substances and associated factors, other non-chemical addictions), epidemiology of mental disorders, population groups, research methodology applied to mental health, liaison psychiatry, mental health and gender, occupational mental health, mental health and violence, validation of Clinical Instruments , among other.
Know our rates and dates 2021
Registration: from December 1, 2020 to January 27, 2021
Exam: February 3, 2021 (virtual - Moodle platform)
Interview: from February 8 to 19, 2021 (virtual-zoom classrooms)
Program duration: 6 semesters (3 years)
Tuition payment: from February 22 to March 5, 2021
Classes start: June 1, 2021 (induction course)
Registration PIN cost: $ 321,300 COP
Total cost per semester: $ 16,300,000 COP
* The cost of the semester depends on the number of credits that are enrolled.
Documentation required for the registration process:
· A copy of the minutes of undergraduate
Copy of diploma
· Copy of the identity document (extended to 150%)
· Photo size 3 x 4 color, white background
NOTE: The above documents do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which false information is verified or that are not fully filled out will not be considered.
You will not be able to carry out the interview if you come to it without the minimum required documentation .
Clinical Postgraduate Assistant
Eliana Andrea Ramírez Marín
Phone: (57) (4) 444 05 55 Ext. 1333
Head of clinical postgraduate division
Carolina Cataño Velasquez
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1333
Clinical postgraduate academic coordinator
Carolina Arbeláez Arcila
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1333
Coordinator of the Psychiatry program
Clara Cossio Uribe
Do you want to know more?Write to us
of the applicant
Learn about the characteristics to be part of the Psychiatry program.
We have our own rotation and practice centers and an agreement for the development of activities.
of the graduate
Our graduates are ethical, critical and humane people, willing to solve the needs of society.
Our program is aimed at general practitioners.
The main fields of practice of the Specialty in Psychiatry are:
• CES Clinic - Medellín
• IPS CES Sabaneta - Sabaneta
• Hospital San Juan de Dios de la Ceja- La Ceja
• Mental Hospital of Antioquia - Bello
• Neurological Institute of Colombia - Medellín
• Pablo Tobón Uribe Hospital - Medellín
• San Vicente Foundation University Hospital- Medellín
• Sacred Heart Psychiatric Clinic - Medellín
• General Hospital of Medellín - Medellín
• Integrate Foundation
• CENPI Pediatric Neurology Care Center - Medellín
• LINK Diagnostic Digital - Medellín
They are people of integrity, with an academic training based on knowledge of basic and clinical sciences, skills in psychiatric techniques, with decision-making capacity and manual skills, which allow an excellent development of their profession.
Our graduates have the necessary skills to carry out their work in accordance with the values and principles taught by CES University to demonstrate their commitment to excellence.
Our specialists solve the problems of their patients in a timely and suitable manner. They are passionate about their profession, respectful of human dignity, as well as their colleagues and teachers. They communicate with their patients, their colleagues and their team.
Know the necessary requirements to graduate.
Groups and lines
We offer different research groups to strengthen the knowledge of our professionals.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students through entities in agreement.
1. Approve all the subjects of the study plan and specific requirements for each program reported in the minutes made by the Promotions Committee.
2. To have presented the current evidence that the State considers mandatory.
3. Have fulfilled the requirement of a second language as stated in the resolution of the Superior Council.
4. Present a certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
5. Comply with the payment of the degree rights, established in the pecuniary rights.
6. Have approved the degree or research work.
7. Be at peace and safe with the University for all reasons.
Lines of investigation:
- Addictions: Use and abuse of psychoactive substances and associated factors, other non-chemical addictions
- Epidemiology of Mental Disorders - Population Groups
- Research methodology applied to mental health
- Liaison Psychiatry
- Occupational mental health
- Mental health and violence
- Mental health and gender
- Positive mental health
- Validation of clinical - investigative instruments
Groups that support the program:
Epidemiology and biostatistics, Public Health Observatory, Health Technologies.
We have agreements with:
CES Educational Strengthening Program
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Doctor, Psychiatrist, Master in Bioethics and Professor at the CES University.
The CES University professor is characterized by his high academic profile added to his humanistic vision, his critical capacity for the analysis of information and his permanent search to innovate in academic processes.
Legal information of the program
Specialization in Psychiatry
School of Medicine
Resolution 104 of January 3, 2014
3 years (6 semesters)
Total cost per semester:
$ 16,300,000 COP
Other programs that might interest you
SNIES: 103166 | Qualified registration: Resolution 011436 of July 02, 2020 The program intensifies in areas of: digital medicine, telehealth, simulation for training and data science. Ing ... Plus
SNIES: 104873 | Qualified registration: Resolution 13894 of September 4, 2015 Learn about the periods, subjects and description of the program Enter the study plan Learn about our rates and ... Plus
SNIES: 2450 | Resolution 23804 of December 23, 2020 The CES University Social Security Management Specialization program is aimed at deepening the disciplines ... Plus