SNIES: 5511| Qualified record: Resolución 4842 de abril 7 de 2014
The program is designed to train high-level specialists in matters related to public health, who can hold management positions at a higher level, who are able to analyze and generate new investigative knowledge, who can carry out teaching activities in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics and research, that can advise and plan programs at the local, regional, national or international level and mainly with a systematic approach and having teamwork as a goal.
School of Administration of the Universidad del Rosario
Place: Campus sede norte, Calle 200 Autopista Norte. Bogotá.
Telephone: (57) (1) 2970200 Ext. 3920, 3948
Schedule: sábados de 7:00 a. m. a 12:00 m. y 1:00 p. m. a 4:00 p. m.
Know our rates and dates for the year 2019-2
Interviews: Son programadas directamente por la Facultad, de manera presencial o virtual
Publication of results: Podrás consultar si fuiste admitido en our web o llamando a la facultad del programa elegido
Enrollment Date: A tu correo llegará la liquidación de matrícula donde encontrarás la información sobre fechas, valor y formas de pago
Classes start date: Será notificada por la facultad
Semester: Valores correspondientes al año 2019, sujetos a incrementos para el año 2020
*Valores correspondientes a 2021
Documentation required for the registration process:
· Copia del acta de pregrado
· Copia del diploma
· Copia del documento de identidad (ampliado al 150%)
· Foto tamaño 3 x 4 a color, fondo blanco
NOTE: Previous documents or photocopies do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which false information is verified, or that are not fully filled out, will not be considered.
You will not be able to carry out the interview if you come to it without the minimum required documentation .
Director of Health Management Specializations Rosario University.
Javier Leonardo González Rodríguez
Telephone: (57) (1) 2970200 Ext. 3948
Assistant Academic Services Universidad del Rosario
Flor Amanda Rodríguez Zabala.
Telephone: (57) (1) 2970200 Ext 3920
Assistant CES University Public Health Division
Sandra Milena Cadavid Zapata
Teléfono: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext.1351
Head of Public Health Division CES University
Hernán García Cardona
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 ext. 1180
Do you want to know more?Write to us
of the applicant
Our program is aimed at professionals belonging to the health sector.
We have the highest quality standards in education, which allows us a recognition of excellence.
of the graduate
Our specialists have the skills to guarantee the quality and efficiency of health services.
Applicants to the specialization program in Public Health Management may be:
• Professionals in the health area or administrative, social or legal areas, with a demonstrated interest in contributing to the improvement of the health and life conditions of the population.
• Professionals who have had some degree of experience in the health sector, facing individual and collective problems
or organizational, which allow you to have a knowledge of the sectoral and general context.
• People with a human sense, a vocation for service, responsibility and a willingness to provide solutions to the population's health problems.
• Professionals with leadership traits or potential for their development.
• Trajectory and experience of the CES University: We have more than 40 years of existence, with High Quality accreditation and with more than 25 years of experience in the training of specialists in public health areas.
• Training as a specialist: we offer training to improve “doing”, allowing the formulation and execution of public health plans, programs and projects.
• Emphasis on Management: we strengthen the capacities of professionals in Public Health Management, providing tools for the efficient management of resources in a highly demanding environment.
• Response to market needs: focused on strengthening public health management at the level of the Administrative Entities and Institutions that Provide Health Services, with a wide field of action for professionals trained in this area.
• Hours adapted to needs: el programa permite mantener las actividades laborales de los participantes, desarrollando las actividades académicas en un ambiente altamente propicio para la docencia.
• Teachers with experience in the sector: contamos con un grupo de docentes a nivel de maestría, con experiencia en la gestión en salud pública.
• Academic and technological support: los estudiantes cuentan con el mejor soporte académico, tecnológico y de infraestructura de la Universidad CES.
• Our graduates: tienen una alta aceptación en el mercado laboral, ocupando altas posiciones en entidades del orden Nacional, Departamental, Municipal, EPS, IPS y organismos de cooperación nacional e internacional.
The Graduate of the Specialization in Public Health Management will be:
• An upright professional, with excellent human qualities to provide his knowledge to the society to which he belongs.
• A suitable professional, honest with himself, with the users of the health system and his colleagues.
• With an excellent treatment for people, whatever their condition.
• A good colleague, friend of his coworkers, willing to give them support when they need it.
• To be a proud graduate of the CES University and in each situation will maintain in high appreciation his status as a graduate, willing to support the institution when necessary.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process at our University.
Know the job fields where you can work after graduating from CES University.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
You must approve all the subjects of the study plan and the specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotions Committee. In addition, it requires:
1. Haber presentado las pruebas vigentes que el Estado determine como de obligatorio cumplimiento.
2. Presentar certificado de asistencia a la Cátedra CES.
3. El pago de los derechos de grado, establecidos en los derechos pecuniarios.
4. Haber aprobado el trabajo de grado o investigación.
5. Paz y salvo con la Universidad por todo concepto.
The Public Health Management Specialist can perform, optimally, in the knowledge, being and doing proposed in the objectives of their training and the activities derived from them, mainly at the following levels:
• Territorial Director of Health, at the National, Departmental, District or Municipal level.
• Director of Public Health Programs in territorial health entities, Benefit Plan Administrators or in Health Service Provider Institutions.
• Consultant in the formulation and implementation of intervention projects in Public Health for governmental and non-governmental entities at the local, regional, national or international level.
• Professional specialized in public or private educational entities in charge of the design, implementation and evaluation of public health policies, programs and / or projects.
• Professional specialized in public entities in charge of the inspection, surveillance and control of risks and damages in public health, which seek to improve the quality of life of the population.
For financing we have agreements with:
Programa de Fortalecimiento Educativo CES
Fondo Nacional del Ahorro (FNA)
We have scholarships and alliances with the following entities:
Enter and learn more information
Physician, Specialist in Health Services Administration, Specialist / Specialist in Hospital Management and Master in Business Administration
Veterinarian, Teacher, Specialist in Biotechnology and Master in Sanitary and Environmental Engineering, Doctorate Candidate in Agricultural Sciences.
Legal information of the program
Name of the program: Specialization in Management of Health Service Provider Institutions
Agreement: University Colegio Mayor Nuestra Señora del Rosario
Program modality: Face-to-face
Type of program: Specialization
SNIES code: 5511
Title awarded: Specialist in Management of Health Service Provider Institutions
Duration: 1 year (2 semesters)
Qualified registration: Resolution 4842 of April 7, 2014