SNIES: 7311| Qualified record: Resolución 4843 de abril 7 de 2014
The program is designed to train high-level specialists in matters related to public health, who can hold management positions at a higher level, who are able to analyze and generate new investigative knowledge, who can advise and plan programs at the local, regional level , national or international and the main thing with a systematic approach and having teamwork as a goal.
Direction:Calle 18 No. 34-104 Pasto, Nariño
Telephone:(57) (2) 7314923 Ext. 164
Schedule:viernes 5:00 p.m. a 9:00 p.m. y sábados 7:00 a.m. a 1:00 p.m.
Know our rates and dates
Interviews: Son programadas directamente por la Facultad, de manera presencial o virtual
Publication of results: 18 de mayo de 2018
Payment of tuition: Hasta el 31 de mayo de 2018
Start of classes: 1 de junio de 2018
Registration PIN cost: $111.000 COP
Total cost per semester: $5.980.000 COP
*Valores correspondientes a 2021
Documentation required for the registration process:
· Copia del acta de pregrado
· Copia del diploma
· Copia del documento de identidad (ampliado al 150%)
· Foto tamaño 3 x 4 a color, fondo blanco Calificaciones pregrado o postgrado si se tiene.
NOTE: Previous documents or photocopies do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which false information is verified, or that are not fully filled out, will not be considered.
You will not be able to carry out the interview if you come to it without the minimum required documentation .
Graduate Director – Universidad Mariana de Pasto
María Fernanda Acosta Romo
Teléfono (57) (2) 7314923 Ext. 164
Coordinator of the Public Health Management program - CES University
Jorge Humberto Blanco Restrepo
Teléfono (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1128
Unimariana University Coordination
Rosa Magaly Morales Chincha
Teléfono: (57) (2) 7314923 Ext. 241
Calle 18 no. 34 -104. Pasto
Página web: www.umariana.edu.co
Do you want to know more?Write to us
of the applicant
Our program is aimed at professionals belonging to the health sector.
We have the highest quality standards in education, which allows us a recognition of excellence.
of the graduate
Our specialists have the skills to guarantee the quality and efficiency of health services.
Applicants to the specialization program in Public Health Management may be:
• Professionals in the health area or administrative, social or legal areas, with a demonstrated interest in contributing to the improvement of the health and life conditions of the population.
• Professionals who have had some degree of experience in the health sector, facing individual and collective problems
or organizational, which allow you to have a knowledge of the sectoral and general context.
• People with a human sense, a vocation for service, responsibility and a willingness to provide solutions to the population's health problems.
• Professionals with leadership traits or potential for their development.
• Trajectory and experience of the CES University: we have more than 40 years of existence, with High Quality accreditation and with more than 25 years of experience in the training of specialists in public health areas.
• Training as a specialist: we offer training to improve “doing”, allowing the formulation and execution of public health plans, programs and projects.
• Emphasis on Management: we strengthen the capacities of professionals in Public Health Management, providing tools for the efficient management of resources in a highly demanding environment.
• Response to market needs: focused on strengthening public health management at the level of Administrative Entities and Health Service Provider Institutions, with a wide field of action for professionals trained in this area.
• Schedules adapted to needs: the program allows participants to maintain their work activities, developing academic activities in an environment highly conducive to teaching.
• Teachers with experience in the sector: we have a group of teachers at the master's level, with experience in public health management.
• Academic and technological support: students have the best academic, technological and infrastructure support from CES University.
• Our graduates: have a high acceptance in the labor market, occupying high positions in entities of the National, Departmental, Municipal, EPS, IPS and national and international cooperation organizations.
The Graduate of the Specialization in Public Health Management will be:
• An upright professional, with excellent human qualities to provide his knowledge to the society to which he belongs.
• A suitable professional, honest with himself, with the users of the health system and his colleagues.
• With an excellent treatment for people, whatever their condition.
• A good colleague, friend of his coworkers, willing to give them support when they need it.
• To be a proud graduate of the CES University and in each situation will maintain in high appreciation his status as a graduate, willing to support the institution when necessary.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process at our University.
Learn about the job fields where you can work after graduating from CES University.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
You must approve all the subjects of the study plan and the specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotions Committee. In addition, it requires:
1. Haber presentado las pruebas vigentes que el Estado determine como de obligatorio cumplimiento.
2. Presentar certificado de asistencia a la Cátedra CES.
3. El pago de los derechos de grado, establecidos en los derechos pecuniarios.
4. Haber aprobado el trabajo de grado o investigación.
5. Paz y salvo con la Universidad por todo concepto.
The Public Health Management Specialist can perform, optimally, in the knowledge, being and doing proposed in the objectives of their training and the activities derived from them, mainly at the following levels:
• Territorial Director of Health, at the National, Departmental, District or Municipal level.
• Director of Public Health Programs in territorial health entities, Benefit Plan Administrators or in Health Service Provider Institutions.
• Consultant in the formulation and implementation of intervention projects in Public Health for governmental and non-governmental entities at the local, regional, national or international level.
• Professional specialized in public or private educational entities in charge of the design, implementation and evaluation of public health policies, programs and / or projects.
• Professional specialized in public entities in charge of the inspection, surveillance and control of risks and damages in public health, which seek to improve the quality of life of the population.
For financing we have agreements with:
Programa de Fortalecimiento Educativo CES
Physician, Specialist in Health Services Administration, Specialist / Specialist in Hospital Management and Master in Business Administration
Veterinarian, Teacher, Specialist in Biotechnology and Master in Sanitary and Environmental Engineering, Doctorate Candidate in Agricultural Sciences.
Legal information of the program
Especialista en Gerencia de la Salud Pública
Facultad de Medicina
Resolución 4843 de abril 7 de 2014
Título otorgado por la Universidad CES Especialista en Gerencia de la Salud Pública
Total cost per semester: