We train professionals, oriented towards research and theoretical-practical deepening for the generation of new knowledge and its application in the resolution of scientific and / or technological problems, education, adoption and management of quality systems and the provision of specialized services in the field of Biological Sciences.
We contribute to the country in the challenge of knowing, conserving and taking advantage of the biodiversity of its flora and fauna, in addition, developing capacities in biotechnology, and generating knowledge in genetics, cellular and molecular biology, with application to human and animal health, science forensics and the development of goods and services as a strategy to improve the quality of life of citizens and promote economic and social development.
We propose a program of 48 and 44 academic credits in the research and deepening modalities respectively, to be studied in four periods with a study plan characterized by a demanding theoretical-practical, multidisciplinary component to make graduates competitive professionals and integral human beings , with respect for the other, biodiversity and knowledge.
Know our rates and dates for the year 2020
Registration Inscripciones permanentes
Interviews: 1 al 3 de julio de 2020
Publication of results: Se notificará directamente por la facultad, junio de 2020.
Payment of tuition: La fecha exacta saldrá en la liquidación de matrícula.
Start of classes: 21 de julio de 2020
Registration PIN cost: $163.000 COP
Academic credit cost: $654.200 COP
*Valores correspondientes a 2021
• Check the lines of investigation to find a possible director
• Contact the line manager and request the acceptance letter (required to continue the process)
Documentation required for the registration process:
· Carta de intención
· Hoja de vida con soportes
· Circular de inscripción
· Carta de aceptación del director
· Copia del acta de pregrado
· Copia del diploma
· Copia del documento de identidad (ampliado al 150%)
· Foto tamaño 3 x 4 a color, fondo blanco
You will not be able to carry out the interview if you come to it without the minimum required documentation .
of the applicant
Our applicant is a leader of projects and research teams oriented to new knowledge.
is this program?
We have professional experience in our programs. Learn about the advantages of studying with us.
of the graduate
Our graduates are able to use research to solve problems.
The Master in Biological Sciences is aimed at professionals in Biology, Microbiology, Ecology and the like; health and related sciences; agricultural and related sciences; Pharmaceutical and related chemicals; engineering related to environmental and life sciences and education graduates interested in life sciences
life and motivated to continue their training process, able to work as a team and participate in collaborative and interdisciplinary environments and with the ability to read and interpret scientific texts.
We have a high academic level, which makes us be recognized in the workplace for our ability to research, analyze and solve problems to the needs of society.
We are multidisciplinary, which makes us competitive, integral human beings with respect for the other, biodiversity and knowledge.
Whole and responsible people, with an ethical and respectful attitude towards humanity and the environment, with a critical attitude towards the world and knowledge; with the potential to generate useful knowledge for society,
who make rational decisions based on science and with the ability to lead multidisciplinary work groups in the area of biological and related sciences.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process at our University.
We offer our students various lines of research according to their area of interest.
At the University we offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
You must approve all the subjects of the study plan and the specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotions Committee. In addition, it requires:
1. To have presented the current evidence that the State determines to be mandatory.
2. Haber cumplido la exigencia de segunda lengua según lo manifestado en acuerdo de Consejo Superior.
3.Presentar certificado de asistencia a la Cátedra CES.
4. El pago de los derechos de grado, establecidos en los derechos pecuniarios.
5. Haber aprobado el trabajo de grado o investigación.
6. Paz y salvo con la Universidad por todo concepto.
The mission of the master's degree is to contribute to the training of professionals and researchers, who carry out basic and applied research in biological and related sciences, in order to know, conserve and take advantage of biodiversity in an informed and balanced way.
We have the following lines of research for the master's degree in Biological Sciences:
- Biodiversity : it offers subjects oriented to the knowledge, conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity and the understanding of the interactions between organisms and their environment. Line manager : Maria José Sanin (email@example.com)
- Biotechnology : offers subjects oriented to the design and development of goods and services using the tools of Biology, applied to human and animal reproduction, in vitro propagation of plant species, among others. Line manager : Andrés Pareja López (Apareja@ces.edu.co)
- Genetics, cellular and molecular biology: it offers subjects oriented to the study of biological processes at the cellular and molecular level, the understanding of the transmission processes of genetic information and its application. Line manager: Juliana Martinez Garro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wildlife: offers two training components; in the conservation area with current regulations to generate policies and strategies for the conservation of species in situ and ex situ. And in medicine, to train students in clinical care. Line manager: Janeth Perez Garcia (email@example.com)
- Natural products: it offers tools for the scientific use of natural resources with the use of technologies. Line manager: Rafael Alvarez Quintero (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paradigms of biology: it questions the conceptual or paradigmatic foundations of the discipline and is offered to anyone who is interested in this epistemic field. Line manager: Dario Gil Torres (email@example.com)
For financing we have agreements with:
Programa de Fortalecimiento Educativo CES
Fondo Nacional del Ahorro (FNA)
Area of Expertise
In Vitro Toxicity Unit ”(UTi), we specialize in the in vitro toxicological evaluation of finished products, raw materials and environmental pollutants. We offer different tests of cytotoxicity, genotoxicity, dermal and eye irritation, which comply with quality standards (NTC-ISO / IEC 17025) and are executed under the good laboratory practices of the OECD (GLP-OECD), to meet the needs of the pharmaceutical, food, biomaterials and biomedical devices, cosmetics and cleaning products, mining, agriculture and chemicals, among others.
Areas of experience
Ecology and evolution of plants, from population ecology, conservation genetics and phylogeography. I have worked mainly in the tropical Andes and the biogeographical Chocó. My priority is for research to feed into national and international strategies for plant and ecosystem conservation. I also prioritize those projects that contribute to the education of those who aspire to work in science and in the conservation of biodiversity.
Area of Expertise
Research interest in population genetics, areas where I have worked in investigations of forensic applications, human diseases such as breast cancer, mental health diseases and conservation of animal species.
Areas of experience
Development and application of bioanalytical and chemometric methods for the study of the bioavailability of phytochemical substances, also applies metabolic methods based on GC / MS and NMR to search for biomarkers related to the healthy effect of food on human health, within the framework of cooperation with different research centers with which it conducts clinical research.
Area of Expertise
Epistemology and Philosophy of Science; psychoanalysis, education, Ethics; theories of evolution, humanism, conceptual biology. Interested in the conceptual training (logos) of the students but above all, and beyond the scientific, claim the human in each of them as the only way to preserve the living and the planet.
Areas of experience
Interest in wildlife from different perspectives: care and clinical management of wildlife in captivity, and research in the epidemiology of infectious diseases, especially zoonoses associated with these individuals. One of the priorities that has been established with the teachers who support the line is the welfare of wild species, not only from the health aspect, but also biological, behavioral and environmental, which allow the conservation of individuals and their ecosystems.
Legal information of the program
Master of Biological Sciences
Ciencias y Biotecnología
Presencial – Profundización / Presencial – Investigación
Resolución 9029 de agosto 28 de 2019
Magíster En Ciencias Biológicas
2 años (4 semestres)
Total cost per semester: