Legal Psychology is the specialized area of psychology whose object is the study of the behavior of legal actors in the field of law, law and justice. Therefore, the Master in Legal and Forensic Psychology includes the study, evaluation and approach of those psychological phenomena that affect the behavior of people and that have legal and legal implications.
We form a master's degree with skills to act as an expert in legal and forensic psychology in different legal fields with theoretical and practical strengths. Through a comprehensive approach in the five areas of legal psychology: victimological, criminal, penitentiary, forensic and testimony.
The master's degree in legal and forensic psychology works in legal areas, supporting decision-making in those cases in which psychological discipline is required, which makes it an auxiliary of justice.
It is a deepening master's degree, organized in three academic periods structured in five curricular areas which are: foundations in Law, Legal Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Research and sociohumanistics.
Know our rates and dates
Inscription: hasta el 31 de julio de 2021
Interview: La fecha y hora de la entrevista deben solicitarse a la Facultad desde la inscripción. Concertar en (4) 444 0 555 ext. 1563 o al correo del coordinador del programa: email@example.com
Admission results: La lista definitiva de los admitidos aparecerá en our web después de las entrevistas
Duration of the program: 3 semestres
Payment of tuition: Después de pasar acta de admisión, el aspirante admitido tendrá plazo de quince (15) días para realizar el pago de matrícula
Start of classes: 16 de julio de 2021
Class schedule: viernes de 5:00 p.m. a 9:00 p.m., sábados de 8:00 a.m. a 12:00 p. m. Concentraciones semanales
Registration PIN cost: $163.000 COP
Academic credit cost:$693.000 COP
*Valores correspondientes a 2021
Documentation required for the registration process:
· Copia del acta de grado de pregrado
· Copia del diploma
· Copia del documento de identidad (ampliado al 150%)
· Foto tamaño 3 x 4 a color, fondo blanco
NOTE: The above documents do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which false information is verified or that are not fully filled out will not be considered.
You will not be able to carry out the interview if you come to it without the minimum required documentation .
of the applicant
We are looking for psychologists who wish to train in a high-quality, innovative and unique master's degree in the field.
is this program?
Because it is the first master's degree in legal and forensic psychology supported by the experience of the CES University.
Our magister have the skills to to guarantee assessment in legal psychology and forensic.
Addressed to psychologists interested in the field of legal and forensic psychology, who contribute to the development of this field of psychology in the country.
- First master's degree in legal and forensic psychology in Medellín and its area of influence.
- Study plan organized in 3 semesters.
- Training in the five areas of legal psychology.
- Supported by the Auxiliary Center of Justice of the CES - CENDES University.
- Experience in the training of the psychologist in Assessment of the damage in Mental Health through the specialization in legal psychology.
- Simulation activities for the development of practical skills.
- Training activities in real contexts.
- Act as an expert in legal psychology in different legal fields, with scientific, theoretical and practical strengths.
- Carry out psychological evaluations for legal purposes, preparation of expert reports and oral support of these.
- Advising government institutions and lawyers in legal processes related to mental health.
- Act as an expert who supports decision-making by judicial operators in legal processes related to mental health.
- Participate in the formulation of public policies, especially those that have to do with the performance of the role of legal psychologist.
Know the necessary requirements to graduate.
We offer different research groups to strengthen the knowledge of our professionals.
At the University we offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
You must approve all the subjects of the study plan and the specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotions Committee. In addition, it requires:
1. Haber presentado las pruebas vigentes que el Estado determine como de obligatorio cumplimiento.
2. Presentar certificado de asistencia a la Cátedra CES.
3. El pago de los derechos de grado, establecidos en los derechos pecuniarios.
4. Haber aprobado el trabajo de grado o investigación.
5. Paz y salvo con la Universidad por todo concepto.
For financing we have agreements with:
Programa de Fortalecimiento Educativo CES
Fondo Nacional del Ahorro (FNA)
Teachers of the program
Psychologist, Coordinator of the specialization in Legal Psychology: assessment of damage in mental health. Master in Psychological Clinic and specialist in assessment of damage in Mental Health.
Psychologist Master in criminal and criminological sciences. Criminal investigation specialist.
Psychiatrist. Specialist in Assessment of the damage in Mental Health.
A lawyer. Master of Laws
A lawyer. Specialist in Medical Law.
Lawyer, Psychologist, Specialist in Assessment of the damage in Mental Health.
Doctor of Epidemiology. Director of research and innovation CES University.
Lawyer. Master of Laws
Psychologist Master in education and Human development. Magistrate Tribunal in bioethics and deontology of the Colombian College of Psychologists
Psychologist Master in Psychology. PhD candidate in social sciences.
Legal information of the program
Master in Legal and Forensic Psychology
Resolución 014981 de diciembre 18 de 2019
Magíster en psicología jurídica y forense
Approximate total cost per semester:
Cost of academic credit:
Other programs that might interest you
SNIES: 110021 | Qualified registration: Resolution 008865 of May 20, 2021 The master's degree in disability and human development seeks the training of professionals with skills to promote ... Plus
SNIES: 107261 | Qualified registration: Resolution 013939 August 15, 2018 We train specialists with skills for the design and implementation of neurodevelopmental interventions and learning ... Plus