Its purpose is the development of competencies in the area of public health, in such a way that it allows the student to actively participate in research processes, in the search to generate new knowledge, in technological processes and in the formulation, execution and implementation implementation of public health policies.
The Ten-Year Public Health Plan 2012-2021, recognizes that public health is a commitment framed in equity, justice and social participation, through its priority dimensions (environmental health, healthy life and non-communicable conditions, social coexistence and mental health, food and nutritional security, rights and sexuality, healthy life free of communicable diseases, public health in emergencies and disasters) and its transversal dimensions (differential management of vulnerable populations; and management for institutional strengthening and health services) .
Know our rates and dates for the year 2021
Interviews: until November 25, 2020. They must be requested from the Faculty of Medicine from the moment of registration on the phone (4) 4440555 ext. 1351 or to the email email@example.com
Exam: The written exam scheduled for November 25, 2020 for the Master of Tropical Medicine, Public Health and Epidemiology will not take place, due to current public health conditions. Only the interview will be applied.
Publication of results: December 1, 2020. The definitive list of those admitted will appear on the Website
Tuition payment: until December 16, 2020
Classes start: January 29, 2021
Registration PIN cost: $ 163,000 COP
Total cost per semester: $ 9,800,000 COP
Documentation required for the registration process:
· A copy of the minutes of undergraduate
Copy of diploma
· Copy of the identity document (extended to 150%)
· Photo size 3 x 4 color, white background
NOTE: Previous documents or photocopies do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which false information is verified, or that are not fully filled out, will not be considered.
You will not be able to carry out the interview if you come to it without the minimum required documentation .
of the applicant
Our applicant is a leader of projects and research teams oriented to new knowledge.
We have professional experience in our programs. Learn about the advantages of studying with us.
Our graduates are able to use research to solve problems.
Our applicants have an ethical, innovative and sensitive attitude to the problems of the populations, with clear objectives and goals, which allow them to have a holistic vision of the determinants of public health; with capacity of
intercommunication and relationship with other disciplines, which allow the generation of policies, projects and plans that promote the well-being and quality of individual and collective life, and reduce the impact and risks to which they are exposed.
The master's degree promotes the comprehensive training of students with three training objectives:
Of Being: to train masters with aptitudes and attitudes oriented to the generation and transmission of scientific and practical knowledge, applicable to individual and collective health, with capacities to manage and negotiate policies in public health.
Knowledge: deliver sufficient knowledge and methodological processes necessary to generate, from the scientific point of view,
proposals that enable continuous improvement of public health.
From Doing: to achieve adequate training in the areas of research, teaching and management in the generation of social programs and public scenarios that allow improving the health and well-being conditions of the community.
Our graduates will be able to perform as:
- Master / professional in public or private educational entities, in charge of the training of individual or collective health professionals.
- Director, advisor or member of interdisciplinary teams at the local, regional or national level, responsible for the public health of the populations.
- Master / professional in charge of the design, implementation and evaluation of public health policies, programs and / or projects.
- Coordinator and / or advisor of public entities in charge of the inspection, surveillance and control of risks and damages in public health, which seek to improve the quality of life of the population.
- Advisor on aspects related to the analysis, policy formulation, interventions and evaluation of health situations.
- Researcher member of interdisciplinary groups and generator of proposals in public health that result in the well-being of communities.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process at our University.
Know the job fields where you can work after graduating from CES University.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
You must approve all the subjects of the study plan and the specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotions Committee. In addition, it requires:
1. To have presented the current evidence that the State determines to be mandatory.
2. Present a certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
3. The payment of the degree rights, established in the pecuniary rights.
4. Have approved the degree or research work.
5. Peace and safe with the University for all concepts.
• Area of health promotion and the management of resources of different nature, demonstrating the necessary skills to make a comprehensive approach to health protection issues, from the operational to the political.
• Educational institutions based on training activities to strengthen the public health approach.
• Researcher, which allows you to access the different health research activities that take place in the private sector, academic spaces or in public administration.
For financing we have agreements with:
CES Educational Strengthening Program
National Savings Fund (FNA)
What do they say about our
“Entering CES University has been one of the great and best decisions I have made, because I see that they take the time to think about my well-being, in addition to my training as a master's degree. I feel like it gives me a place, I feel like I matter“.
What do they say about our
“The training of the CES graduate has a very well structured research component that allows access to different health research activities developed in the private sector, academic spaces or public administration“.
What do they say about our
"Being a graduate and a teacher has been a wonderful experience, the University gave me the opportunity to train with people from different areas of health and allows me to be part of the teaching body, with its institutional coherence of believing in the people it forms."
Legal information of the program
Master of Public Health
Face-to-face - Research
Resolution 21931 of November 22, 2016
Master in Public Health
2 years (4 semesters)
Total cost per semester:
$ 9,800,000 COP
Other programs that might interest you
SNIES: 103166 | Qualified registration: Resolution 011436 of July 02, 2020 The program intensifies in areas of: digital medicine, telehealth, simulation for training and data science. Ing ... Plus
SNIES: 104873 | Qualified registration: Resolution 13894 of September 4, 2015 Learn about the periods, subjects and description of the program Enter the study plan Learn about our rates and ... Plus
SNIES: 2450 | Resolution 23804 of December 23, 2020 The CES University Social Security Management Specialization program is aimed at deepening the disciplines ... Plus