SNIES: 54057| Qualified registration: Resolution 104 of January 3, 2014
The Psychiatry program at CES University is recognized for its high quality and academic demand. It was created in 2008 and since its creation it has trained specialists in the area with the highest technical, scientific and human quality.
The program has a great strength in training in the area of psychiatry liaison and research, the latter supported by the Center of Excellence in Mental Health, whose research group has strong lines of research on addictions (use and abuse of psychoactive substances and associated factors, other non-chemical addictions), epidemiology of mental disorders, population groups, research methodology applied to mental health, liaison psychiatry, mental health and gender, occupational mental health, mental health and violence, validation of clinical instruments, among others.
Know our rates and dates
Examination: 5 de febrero de 2020 a las 8:00 a.m.
Interview: Del 10 al 21 de febrero de 2020
Admission results: Podrás consultar si fuiste admitido en nuestra web o llamando a la facultad del programa elegido
Duration of the programme: 6 semesters (3 years)
Tuition payment: 24 de febrero al 6 de marzo de 2020
Classes start: Junio 1 del 2020 (curso de inducción)
Registration PIN cost: $321.300 COP
Total cost per semester: $15.727.950 COP
*The cost of the semester depends on the number of credits enrolled.
Documentation required for the registration process:
· Copy of the undergraduate certificate
· Copy of the diploma
· Copy of identity card (extended to 150%)
· Photo size 3 x 4 color, white background
NOTE: The above documents do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which the data are proven to be false or not fully completed will not be considered.
The interview cannot be held if you come to it without the minimum required documentation.
Clinical Postgraduate Assistant
Eliana Andrea Ramirez Marin
Telephone: (57) (4) 444 05 55 Ext. 1333
Head of Clinical Postgraduate Division
Carolina Cataño Velásquez
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1333
Learn about the features to be part of the program de Psiquiatría.
We have our own rotation and practice centers and in agreement for the development of activities.
Our graduates are ethical, critical and humane people, ready to solve the needs of society.
Our program is aimed at general practitioners.
The main fields of practice of the Specialty in Psychiatry are
• CES Clinic – Medellín
• IPS CES Sabaneta – Sabaneta
• San Juan de Dios de la Ceja- La Ceja Hospital
• Antioquia Mental Hospital – Bello
• Neurological Institute of Colombia – Medellin
• Pablo Tobón Uribe Hospital – Medellín
• San Vicente University Hospital Foundation- Medellín
• Sacred Heart Psychiatric Clinic – Medellín
• Medellín General Hospital – Medellín
• Integrate Foundation
• CENPI Pediatric Neurology Care Center – Medellín
• LINK Digital Diagnosis – Medellín
• Centro de Atención en Neurología Pediátrica CENPI – Medellín
• LINK Diagnóstico Digital – Medellín
They are integral people, with an academic training based on basic science and clinical knowledge, skills in Pediatric techniques, with manual decision-making capacity, which allow an excellent development of their profession.
Our graduates have the skills required to develop their work in accordance with the values and principles taught by UniversidadCES to demonstrate their commitment to excellence.
Our specialists solve in a timely and convenient way to address the problems of your patients. They are passionate about their profession, respectful of human dignity, as well as that of their peers and teachers. They communicate with their patients, their colleagues and their staff.
Know the requirements for graduation.
Groups and lines
We offer different research groups to strengthen the knowledge of our professionals.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students through partner organizations.
1. Approve all curriculum subjects and specific requirements for each program reported in the minutes made by the Promotion Committee.
2. Have presented the current evidence that the State considers mandatory.
3. To have fulfilled the requirement of a second language as stated in the agreement of the Board of Governors.
4. Present certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
5. Pay the fees for the degree, as established in the financial entitlements.
6. To have approved the graduate or research work.
7. Be at peace with the University in all respects.
Lines of research:
• Addictions: Use and abuse of psychoactive substances and associated factors, other non-chemical addictions
• Epidemiology of mental disorders – Population groups
• Research methodology applied to mental health
• Liaison Psychiatry
• Occupational mental health
• Mental health and violence
• Mental Health and Gender
• Positive mental health
• Validation of clinical – investigative instruments
Groups that support the program:
Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Public Health Observatory, Health Technologies
We have agreements with:
Bank of Bogotá
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Doctor, Psychiatrist, Master in Bioethics and lecturer at the CES University.
The CES University professor is characterized by his high academic profile added to his humanistic vision, his critical capacity for the analysis of information and his permanent search for innovation in academic processes.
Legal information of the program
Name of the program:
Specialization in Psychiatry
Faculty of Medicine
Type of program:
Resolution 104 of January 3, 2014
Specialist in Psychiatry
3 years (6 semesters)
Total cost per semester: