SNIES: 53398| Qualified registration: Resolution 5807 of April 24, 2014
Our Cardiology program has more than 15 years of experience, its main field of rotation is CES Cardiology, an institution that has a recognized teaching group in all the subspecialties of Cardiology, which allows the resident of this program to have a wide vision of the specialty and to be able to develop the necessary competences that a Cardiologist should have nowadays. The program is nationally and internationally recognized and is characterized by its quality, its high academic standards and its great strength in research.
Know our rates and dates
Examination: 3 de febrero de 2021 (virtual - plataforma Moodle)
Interview: del 8 al 19 de febrero de 2021 (virtuales-aulas zoom)
Admission results: Podrás consultar si fuiste admitido en nuestra web o llamando a la facultad del programa elegido
Duration of the programme: 4 semestres (2 años)
Tuition payment: del 22 de febrero al 5 de marzo del 2021
Classes start: Junio 1 del 2021 (curso de inducción)
Registration PIN cost: $321.300 COP
Total cost per semester: $16.300.000 COP. Values corresponding to 2019, subject to increases for 2020
*The cost of the semester depends on the number of credits enrolled.
Documentation required for the registration process:
– Copy of the undergraduate certificate
– Copy of the diploma
– Copy of identity card (extended to 150%)
– Photo size 3 x 4 color, white background
NOTE: The above documents do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which the data are proven to be false or not fully completed will not be considered.
The interview cannot be held if you come to it without the minimum required documentation.
Clinical Postgraduate Assistant
Eliana Andrea Ramírez Marín
Telephone: (57) (4) 444 05 55 Ext. 1333
Head of Clinical Postgraduate Division
Carolina Cataño Velásquez
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1333
Academic Coordinator for Clinical Postgraduate Studies
Laura Catalina Libreros Foronda
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1333
Cardiology Program Coordinator
Mauricio Duque Ramírez
Do you want to know more? Write to us at
Learn about the features to be part of the Cardiology program.
We have our own rotation and practice centres and in agreement for the development of activities.
Our graduates are ethical, critical and humane people, ready to solve the needs of society.
Aimed at specialists in Internal Medicine.
• CES Clinical Cardiology Unit – Medellín
• CES Cardiology San Diego – Medellín
• San Vicente University Hospital Foundation – Medellín
• San Vicente Rionegro Hospital Foundation – Rionegro
• Medellín General Hospital – Medellín
• Institute of High Medical Technology (IATM) – Medellín
• Center for Cardiac Medicine and Rehabilitation (CEMDE) – Medellín
Ethical cardiologists in their decisions, leaders in the work environment, focused on constant personal and professional growth.
Entrepreneurs and innovators in the solutions to solve the needs of society.
Learn about the requirements needed to access the degree process at our University.
Groups and lines
We offer different research groups to strengthen the knowledge of our professionals.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
1. Approve all curriculum subjects and specific requirements for each program reported in the minutes made by the Promotion Committee.
2. To have submitted the evidence in force that the State considers mandatory.
3. To have fulfilled the requirement of a second language as stated in the agreement of the Superior Council.
4. Submit the certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
5. To comply with the payment of the rights of degree, established in the pecuniary rights.
6. Have approved the graduate work or research.
7. Be in good standing with the University for every concept.
Major group: Heart disease
Lines of research:
• Implantable devices
• Atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias
• New descriptions and advances in heart disease
Groups that support the program:
Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Public Health Observatory, Health Technologies
For financing we have agreements with:
Bank of Bogotá
National Savings Fund (FNA)
We have our own scholarships and in alliance with the following entities:
Enter and learn more (link)
Médico, cardiólogo, electrofisiólogo, docente y profesor titular de la Universidad CES. Cuenta con una amplia experiencia como docente clínico, como investigador y ha recibido numerosos reconocimientos por su aporte a la ciencia y su labor como educador médico.
El docente de la Universidad CES se caracteriza por su alto perfil académico sumado a su visión humanística, su capacidad crítica para el análisis de la información y su permanente búsqueda por innovar en los procesos académicos.
Legal information of the program
Name of the program:
Specialization in Cardiology
Resolution 5807 of April 24, 2014
Specialist in Cardiology
2 years (4 semesters)
2 per year
Total cost per semester: