SNIES: 109554| Qualified registration: Resolution 20553 of October 28, 2020
The Specialization in Patient Care with Wounds and Ostomies has as its fundamental axis the adequate understanding of the physiology of the microenvironment of a wound, from the molecular, infectious and genetic point of view, multidisciplinary management and knowledge of wound and ostomy technology , which allows treating patients with scientific rigor and critical sense. Achieving a positive impact on the health-disease process of the human being.
The nursing professional, taking into account its fundamental pillar, care, is the one who at the national level and even in other countries receives training for the care of people with wounds and ostomies, this constitutes a particular field from which to do the profession, seeking each time to opt for a degree granted by a higher education institution as a specialist in the specific area, which opens up a number of job possibilities that allows them to carry out activities in the care, home, administrative, educational and investigative fields; achieving that the nursing professional exercises their autonomy and leadership framed within an interdisciplinary work.
Find out about our rates and dates 2021
Registration: hasta el 22 de enero de 2021
Interviews: hasta el 30 de enero de 2021. Se realizarán de manera presencial o virtual dada la contingencia. La fecha y hora de la entrevista deben solicitarse a la Facultad desde la inscripción en el teléfono (4) 4440555 ext. 1327 o al correo firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition payment: hasta el 15 de febrero de 2021
Classes start: 17 de febrero de 2021
Registration PIN cost: $163.000 COP
Total cost per semester: $7.770.000 COP
Documentation required for the registration process:
· Copy of the undergraduate certificate
· Copy of the diploma
· Copy of the identity document (150% enlarged)
· 3 x 4 size photo in color, white background
NOTE: The above documents do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which false information is verified or that are not fully completed will not be considered.
The interview will not be possible if you come to it without the minimum required documentation.
Ángela Pulgarin Torres
Telephone: (57) (4) 444 05 55 Ext: 1422
Specialization Coordinator Wound and ostomy care
Leidy Zapata Ruiz
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1327
Do you want to know more? Write to us
Nursing School Assistant
Flor Vianey Estrada Monsalve
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext 1327
Our program is aimed at nursing professionals.
We have the highest quality standards in education, which allows us a recognition of excellence.
Highly qualified health professionals, technically and scientifically well trained.
Applicants for the Specialization in Nursing in Care of People with Wounds and Ostomies must meet the entrance requirements of the CES University and must also meet the following requirements:
- Be a nursing professional.
- Interest in comprehensive care for people with wounds and ostomies.
- History of the institution in the training of professionals in the health area.
- Possibility of interaction, during training, with other professions in the health and related area.
- Research groups recognized by Minciencias that can provide support to the program.
- Sufficiently equipped simulators and laboratories.
- Multiple teaching-service agreements with health service providers at all levels.
- Teaching staff with training and experience in wound and stoma care.
The graduate of the specialization will be trained to:
- Be a highly qualified healthcare professional, technically and scientifically well trained, with critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Acquire the necessary skills for the proper use of techniques and procedures in advanced wound and stoma care.
- Have the ability to integrate knowledge, scientific evidence, ethical and humanistic principles that allow you to work in an ideal way in the care of wounds and stomata
- Being able to obtain pertinent clinical information from the patient, and interact successfully in wound and stoma follow-up.
- Have initiative, creativity, responsibility, leadership and discipline in the performance of work.
- Based on the history and pathophysiology of the patient and the assessment, make the correct decisions and plan the process of nursing care for wounds and stomata that arise.
- Actively participate in research protocols related to the field of wounds and stomata.
Know the necessary requirements to access the degree process at our University.
Learn about the job fields where you can work after graduating from CES University.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
You must approve all the subjects of the study plan and the specific requirements for each program reported in the minutes made by the Promotions Committee and, in addition:
1. Present a certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
2. The payment of the degree rights, established in the pecuniary rights.
3. Have approved the degree or research work.
4. Peace and save with the University for all reasons.
The nursing professional, taking into account its fundamental pillar, care, is the one who at the national level and even in other countries receives training for the care of people with wounds and ostomies, this constitutes a particular field from which to do the profession, seeking each time to opt for a degree awarded by an institution of higher education as a specialist in the area
It specifies what opens up a number of job possibilities that allows them to carry out activities in the care, home, administrative, educational and research fields, making the nursing professional exercise their autonomy and leadership framed within an interdisciplinary work.
For financing we have agreements with:
Banco de Bogotá
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Expert on the subject of Wounds and Ostomies
Wound and Ostomy Care Specialist, Magister in Social Security
Wound and Ostomy Care Specialist
Audit Specialist, Magister in Public Health
Name of the program:
Specialization in Nursing In Care of People with Wounds and Ostomies
Type of program:
Resolution 20553 of October 28, 2020
1 year (2 semesters)
Nursing Specialist in Care of People with Wounds and Ostomies
Total cost per semester: