SNIES: 103201| Qualified registration: Resolution 4857 of 7 April 2014
Colombia has made great strides in the area of occupational risks, in order to provide greater support to institutions in protecting against occupational accidents and diseases. It is precisely the occupational physician, the professional in charge of an important responsibility at the time of assuming the organizational and systemic guidelines, regarding the protection of the worker, against occupational diseases and, likewise, understanding these scenarios for the creation of new proposals in favor of improving working conditions.
Therefore, CES University offers the Health and Safety at Work program exclusively for the medical profession, in order to prepare our professionals with experience and knowledge that will allow them to contribute to a growing world, the world of occupational health.
Our program covers important issues for both labor relations, such as physical impacts or risks in the workplace, such as: ethics, work physiology, risk matrix, industrial hygiene.
With a focus on different areas such as occupational dermatosis, physical environment, pneumology and occupational toxicology.
Some of our subjects deal with neuropsychiatry, musculoskeletal injuries, rehabilitation and retraining, all developed from research.
Know our rates and dates
Interviews: Hasta el 25 de noviembre de 2020. Deben solicitarse a la Facultad de Medicina desde la inscripción en el teléfono (4) 4440555 ext. 1351 o al correo firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication of results: 1 de diciembre de 2020. Los resultados podrán ser consultados en el Portal web
Payment of registration fees: 1 de diciembre de 2020. Los resultados podrán ser consultados en el Portal web
Start of classes: 31 de enero de 2021
Registration PIN cost: $163.000 COP
Total cost per semester: $7.536.000 COP
Documentation required for the enrollment process:
– Copy of the undergraduate certificate
– Copy of the diploma
– Copy of identity card (extended to 150%)
– Photo size 3 x 4 color, white background
NOTE: The above documents or photocopies do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which the data is proven to be false, or not fully completed, will not be considered.
The interview cannot be held if you come to it without the minimum required documentation.
Our applicants are professionals in the areas of health, communication and social sciences, among others.
Our program is recognized for academic excellence in the professional environment.
Our specialists will focus on occupational hazards to help workers.
The specialization aims to invite general practitioners and specialists to address Occupational Safety and Health, in order to strengthen their knowledge and skills in medicine, aimed at a more specific focus: the country’s workers.
Our Occupational Safety and Health program is designed by understanding the current dynamics of occupational hazards, their trends and high-value concepts, in order to provide the specialist with a real, but also visionary, approach to the future of the area. Likewise, our teachers have not only been with us for many years in
our work in important companies that can offer them experiences of great value for the understanding of all the dynamics of work. Additionally, our program has been accompanying the country for many years, which is why it has built a solid scaffolding in the formation of this exquisite specialist profile.
Our graduates are able to:
- To venture into areas of Occupational Medicine with the capacity to attend to the different aspects related to occupational illness.
- To develop competencies to manage the area of Health at Work with the capacity to attend the different aspects tending to maintain an adequate health in the workers.
- To participate and propose promotion and prevention actions.
- To play an important role in the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- To play an active role in the process of readjustment and return to work.
- To develop activities of Occupational evaluations, a role of high demand today in our environment.
- Acquire knowledge related to epidemiology and research in occupational risks so that, with the completion of the degree work, a high value contribution is given to the academy related to occupational medicine.
- Obtain general knowledge of the current Colombian environment, which allows the development of public policies for the achievement of government objectives in occupational hazards.
Learn about the requirements needed to access the degree process at our University.
Find out about the job fields where you can work after graduating from CES University.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
You must pass all curriculum subjects and specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotion Committee. In addition, it is required:
1. Have submitted the evidence in force that the State determines to be obligatory.
2. Submit the certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
3. The payment of grade rights, as set out in the pecuniary rights.
4. Approval of the work of the grade or research.
5. Be in good standing with the University for every concept.
- Public or private companies from different economic sectors.
- Director of Occupational Safety and Health programs at a national level and as a member of medical boards and committees on occupational hazards.
- Responsible for the performance of occupational examinations and the investigation of accidents at work in public or private companies in different economic sectors.
- Consultant or advisor in Safety and Health at Work.
- Teaching in higher education or technological institutions.
- Support for the Administrators in Labor Risks, to be part of their different consultancies and processes.
- Participation in government companies for the creation and support of public policies.
- Promotion of research, as a process of creating academic and scientific value.
For financing we have agreements with:
Bank of Bogotá
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Legal information of the program
Name of the program:
Specialization in Occupational Safety and Health
Type of program:
Resolution 4857 of April 7, 2014
Specialist in Occupational Safety and Health
1.5 years (3 semesters)
Total cost per semester: