SNIES: 1827| Qualified registration: Resolution 475 of January 16, 2014
The program is designed to train high-level specialists in public health-related subjects, who can hold senior management positions, who are capable of analyzing and generating new research knowledge, who can carry out teaching activities in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, and research, who can advise and plan programs at the local, regional, national, or international level, and most importantly, who can work systematically and with the goal of teamwork.
Our program emphasizes four key areas:
– Context and foundations of Public Health
– Planning and evaluation of public health plans, programs and projects
– Applied research in public health management
– Management principles applied to public health, with emphasis on resource management.
Know our rates and dates
Interviews: Hasta el 1 de julio de 2020. Se realizarán de manera presencial o virtual dada la contingencia. La fecha y hora de la entrevista deben solicitarse a la Facultad desde la inscripción en el teléfono (4) 4440555 ext. 1351 o al correo firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication of results: 1 de julio de 2020. La lista definitiva de los admitidos aparecerá en la página web
Tuition payment: Hasta el 4 de julio de 2020
Classes start date: 2 de julio: Un día con Bienestar - 3 de julio: Cátedra CES e inicio de inducción - 4 de julio: Continuación de la inducción
Registration PIN cost: $163.000 COP
Total cost per semester: $7.536.000 COP
Documentation required for the enrollment process:
– Copy of the undergraduate certificate
– Copy of the diploma
– Copy of identity card (extended to 150%)
– Photo size 3 x 4 color, white background
NOTE: The above documents or photocopies do not need to be authenticated.
Those forms in which the data is proven to be false, or not fully completed, will not be considered.
The interview cannot be held if you come to it without the minimum required documentation.
Assistant Division of Public Health CES University
Sandra Milena Cadavid Zapata
Telephone: (57) (4) 4440555 Ext. 1351
Our applicants are professionals in the health, administrative, social and economic areas.
We have high quality standards in education that have positioned us in the business environment.
We train professionals with skills in the design, management and execution of health plans and programs.
Applicants to the Public Health Management Specialization Program may be
– Professionals in the area of health or administrative, social or legal areas, with demonstrated interest in contributing to the improvement of health and living conditions of the population.
– Professionals who have had some degree of experience in the health sector, dealing with individual, collective
or organizational problems, that allow them to have a knowledge of the sectorial and general context.
– People with a human sense, vocation of service, responsibility and willingness to provide solutions to the health problems of the population.
– Professionals with leadership traits or potential for development.
– Background and experience of CES University: we have more than 40 years of existence, with accreditation in High Quality and more than 25 years of experience in training specialists in areas of public health.
– Training as a specialist: we offer training to improve “doing”, allowing the formulation and implementation of plans, programs and projects in public health.
– Emphasis on Management: We strengthen the capacities of professionals in Public Health Management, providing tools for efficient management of resources in a highly demanding environment.
– Response to market needs: focused on strengthening public health management at the level of Administrative Entities and Health Service Providers, with a wide field of action for professionals trained in this area.
– Timetables adapted to the needs: the program allows participants to maintain their work activities, developing academic activities in an environment that is highly conducive to teaching.
– Teachers with experience in the sector: we have a group of teachers at a master’s level, with experience in public health management.
– Academic and technological support: students have the best academic, technological and infrastructure support at CES University.
– Our graduates: have a high acceptance in the labor market, occupying high positions in national, departmental, municipal, EPS, IPS and national and international cooperation agencies.
The Graduate of the Specialization in Public Health Management will be:
– An integral professional, with excellent human quality to offer his knowledge to the society to which he belongs.
– A suitable professional, honest with himself, with the users of the health system and his colleagues.
– With an excellent treatment for people, whatever their condition.
– A good colleague, a friend of his colleagues, ready to support them when they need it.
– To be a proud graduate of CES University and in every situation to keep in high esteem his status as a graduate, willing to support the institution when necessary.
Learn about the requirements needed to access the degree process at our University.
Find out about the job fields where you can work after graduating from CES University.
We offer financing options and scholarships to our students with entities in agreement.
You must pass all study plan subjects and specific requirements for each program, reported in the minutes by the Promotion Committee. In addition, it is required:
1. Have submitted the evidence in force that the State determines to be obligatory.
2. Submit the certificate of attendance to the CES Chair.
3. The payment of grade rights, as set out in the pecuniary rights.
4. Approval of the work of the grade or research.
5. Be in good standing with the University for every concept.
The Public Health Management Specialist can perform, in an optimal way, in the knowledge, being and doing proposed in the objectives of their training and the activities derived from them, mainly in the following levels:
– Territorial Director of Health, at the National, Departmental, District or Municipal level.
– Director of Public Health Programs in territorial health entities, Benefit Plan Management Companies or in Health Service Providing Institutions.
– Consultant in the formulation and implementation of public health intervention projects for governmental and non-governmental entities at the local, regional, national or international level.
– Professional specialized in public or private educational entities in charge of the design, implementation and evaluation of public health policies, programs and/or projects
– Specialized professional in public entities responsible for inspection, surveillance and control of public health risks and damages, which seek to improve the quality of life of the population.
For financing we have agreements with:
Bank of Bogotá
National Savings Fund (FNA)
Médico, Especialista en Administración de Servicios de Salud, Especialista/ Especialista en Gerencia Hospitalaria y Magíster en Administración de Empresas
Médico Veterinario, Docente, Especialista en biotecnología y Magíster en Ingeniería Sanitaria y Ambiental, Candidato a Doctorado en ciencias agrarias.
Legal information of the program
Name of the program:
Specialization in Public Health Management
Type of program:
Resolution 475 of January 16, 2014
Public Health Management Specialist
1 year (2 semesters)
Total cost per semester: