We inform the entire university community
That as of Monday, September 6, 2021 and until further notice the Library's service hours are :
Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 13:00 p.m.
•Use of face masks is mandatory
Enjoy the collection of digital books and audiobooks through the overdrive loan platform
The Fundadores Library of the CES University offers its entire university community access to digital books and audiobooks through the application Overdrive. On this platform you will find content from literature of all genres, novels, poetry, history, essays and others, with more than 100 stories between books and audiobooks.
Let's know a little more about the Colombian consortium of which the ces university is part
The Internet offers us seas of information, alleged facts and often fantastic theories, which is why the CES University along with 52 other higher education institutions, the Colombian Association of Universities -ASCUN-, Colciencias, the Ministry of National Education, the Ministry of TIC and Consortia, achieved a negotiation that would allow a large Colombian academic community to access and use highly qualified databases.
Washington® Manual of Medical Therapeutics
ISIt is one of the famous and most recognized works in world medical literature. Its classic style of listing the most useful concepts poured into clear and concise statements has made it one of the most used and referenced works by medical students, resident physicians and specialists around the world.
The Fundadores Library offers information services according to the needs of the academic community; plans and implements new services according to the advances in the development of information and technologies and bases its provision on the internal regulations that govern each one.
The opening hours for the provision of face-to-face services are as follows:
We inform the entire university community thatas of today, August 23, 2021and until further notice the Library's hours of service arefrom: Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Contact us at (+57) 604 444 05 55 Ext: 1131, 1132, 1437 or write to us at the mail email@example.com
Loan through the window and at home
Service offered during times of pandemic. Terms of service: To make the request you must take into account:
Digitization of bibliographic material
The library has established a temporary digitization service for book chapters or other paper documents.
Consultation in rooms
Our library offers different spaces and tools for searching and consulting information.
- Requests for loan of bibliographic material will only be attended electronically through of this form and from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Once your request has been received and up to 24 hours later, the library will confirm by email the day and time you can pick up the material.
- It will only be attended on the assigned date and time, otherwise you will have to make the request again.
- You must verify the availability of bibliographic material through the online catalog http://odin.ces.edu.co/
- You can borrow up to 8 general collection bibliographic materials.
- The bibliographic material will be provided for 15 days, if you need its renewal you can do it through email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The user or authorized person must identify himself according to the data filled out in the form.
- The return of the material will be through the "Return Box", located on the right side of the library entrance.
- This service is governed by the biosafety standards of the CES University and follows the organizational and governmental guidelines that may be defined during the quarantine period. https://www.ces.edu.co/protocolos-de-bioseguridad/
Conditions of service: for study, teaching and research purposes, in accordance with the provisions of the current Intellectual Property Law.
To make the request you must take into account:
- Exclusively for teachers or researchers of the CES University in order to support their virtual courses or academic activities.
- Only up to 20% of the requested work can be digitized.
- Requests for digitization of bibliographic material will only be dealt with electronically. through this form and from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The library will respond to your request as soon as possible according to the order of arrival and the number of requests waiting.
- There is bibliographic material that cannot be digitized due to its physical characteristics (weight or deterioration), the library will inform you if this is the case of the material you request.
- * This service is offered by the Fundadores Library in accordance with the current legislation that governs in Colombia on the subject of intellectual property: Law 23 of 1982 copyright and intellectual property, Law 1915 of 2018, modification of law 23 of 1982, and Andean Decision 351.
For any advice, question or comment you can write to us by email email@example.com or to the phone 604 4440555 option 4 extension 1131
General room: spaces for free access to the bibliographic material of the reserve, reference, general, audiovisual and newspaper library collections.
Virtual room: space provided for users to develop different training and research activities.
Odín bibliographic administration system: information system of the Fundadores Library where the user can consult the physical collections, renew and reserve the bibliographic material.
Online databases: The Fundadores Library offers the academic community different specialized electronic resources subscribed for consultation and access.
Online consultation: includes access to the online atalogue c, discoverer, databases, institutional repository .
Loan of bibliographic material
Users of our library can access the loan of bibliographic material through these modalities.
Renewal and reservation of bibliographic material
Our users have different ways of renewing or reserving bibliographic material.
The library staff is highly trained to provide guidance to users on specific topics.
- External loan: allows the active student to personally arrange, request and take home the physical collections, according to the loan policies and type of collection.
- Home loan: through this service the university community requests from their place of residence or office, the loan or return of bibliographic material by courier by filling out the application form.
- Interlibrary loan: in an agreement between different libraries in the city of Medellín and the country with which a library cooperation contract has previously been signed, which allows us to cover the information needs of our users, achieving the loan of inter-institutional bibliographic material. In the same way, we make our collections available to users of other institutions.
- Telephone: through the founders Library hotline 604 444 05 55 ext. 1131 – 1598
- Return mailbox: allows the user to return the bibliographic material that they have on loan outside of office hours and is located on the right side of the library entrance.
We offer personalized and virtual advice in the basic and specialized search for information both in collections and in scientific databases, also in the proper use of the services and spaces of our library and the libraries with which we have an agreement.
To access personalized or virtual consultancies it is necessary to schedule an appointment with the library staff, for this you can write to us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 444 05 55 option 4, extension 1132
Obtaining scientific and research documents that are not available within the physical and electronic collections.
We promote reading and culture through activities that enrich our community socially.
Spaces available for the entire academic community for cultural and academic activities.
- Scientific bibliography search: by means of bibliographic commutation by filling out the form https://celsius.ces.edu.co/es/ taking into account the policies of this service.
- Advice on the presentation of academic papers: we guide students, teachers and researchers in the proper application of bibliographic reference standards such as APA, Vancuver, ICONTEC, among others.
- Thematic bibliographic alerts: of new acquisitions through the institutional mail where the university community is informed of the achievement of the new bibliographic material that reaches the library and is available for loan and consultation.
Our library carries out activities to promote reading and culture articulated with the areas of culture, the CES publishing house and the university's department of humanities:
- Annual book and culture festival
- Art exhibitions
- Book launches
- Presentation of the Medellin Poetry Festival
- Cinema forums
- Cinema room: it has a capacity for 25 people where the student can request the service through a face-to-face or online reservation.
- Music room: space available for users with a capacity of 10 people to carry out individual or group activities of an academic nature, for its use it must be made previous reservation of the space.
- Virtual room: space with a capacity of 26 people available to the academic community where training and academic activities are organized by the library or, if so, by each faculty. Before scheduling activities within the virtual room, a verification of its availability must be made.